TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripes

Wow - stripe problems. The stripes on the back of the car (bumper and vertical trunk lid) are flaking off and leaving the glue, but in some spots even the glue is gone. The car is kept covered on a car port. The area affected is probably about 5 square inches in total. I'm entered in a local show in May (Royal Gorge chapter of the VMCCA at the Holy Cross Abbey in Canon City, CO). New stripes are on the way for the bumper, but the problem on the trunk lid has happened in the last two weeks.

Anybody else seeing signs of distress in their stripes?

2nd set 1 3-15-10.JPG

2nd set 1 3-15-10.JPG

Wow - stripe problems. The stripes on the back of the car (bumper and vertical trunk lid) are flaking off and leaving the glue, but in some spots even the glue is gone. The car is kept covered on a car port. The area affected is probably about 5 square inches in total. I'm entered in a local show in May (Royal Gorge chapter of the VMCCA at the Holy Cross Abbey in Canon City, CO). New stripes are on the way for the bumper, but the problem on the trunk lid has happened in the last two weeks.

Anybody else seeing signs of distress in their stripes?

Viper,

Sorry to hear about this. The care and feeding of the stripe package is addressed in the owner's Manual input.

Jim

Has your car been SS'd? Since the stripes aren't factory GT500 stripes I'd contact to people who installed them or the company that makes them.

The car was SSed in Vegas and I picked it up in April last year. The car is kept covered with my Shelby car cover on my car port. As to how it happened I haven't a clue. The car doesn't get direct sunlight, I use Dawn to wash and Ice to wax, with McGuires in between. Maybe it was just a bad batch of vinyl. :headscratch:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd suspect it was the Dawn wash that caused it.

Way to harsh a soap for your car.

Go to autozone or pep boys or wherever and get some car wash soap.

Yep, what he said.

Dawn-NO!

Ice-YES!

Archived