TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone NOT had any clutch problems?

sudden

I have been driving my 08 GT 500 for a while now and it seem that the clutch is working just fine. I am waiting for problems , but none so far. I have 20 k on the car. Has anyone not had any clutch problems? SUDDEN.

Not intending to pee on anyone's parade here, but the avarage mileage when the clutch decides to retire is about 19,000 miles. Mine went south at 18,000, and others here have lost theirs as high as 23,000.

Mine's good- over 11k miles. But Doh:doh.gif

Not intending to pee on anyone's parade here, but the avarage mileage when the clutch decides to retire is about 19,000 miles. Mine went south at 18,000, and others here have lost theirs as high as 23,000.

Had TSB done around 4,000 Km have 4,500 on it 07`. Took pictures of old clutch & flywheel looked in good shape checked for warpage on flywheel with straight edge it showed none,but the spline shaft had rust on it.I suspect I would have eventually had problems. New clutch pedal feels easier to operate . No problems with the new one.

So far, so good with 3500 miles. This has a fair amount of city & stop/go traffic, very little highway. It took a while to learn to use this car's clutch, though, but it got easier after the first thousand miles. I'm not sure if it was me learning, the break-in, or probably a combination of the two.

07 with 22,000 miles no clutch problems yet. I check it every time I drive it. I check acceleration through the gears and check acceleration in 6th gear on the highway to see if it is slipping. I watch the tach to see if the engine seams to rev to much for the rate of acceleration.

Heck....Mine was bad upon delivery! I had to have it replaced (under warranty) w/in the first two weeks and hadn't driven it hard at all. I have about 8500 miles on it now w/out any issues..... :unsure:

A number of burnouts when it was new and no problems (5200 miles) other than the annoying 1-2 shift grind when it is cold.

Same here. Once in a blue moon under heavy acceleration she'll grind second. But, just over 26,000 miles now and still going strong.

'07 with almost 19,000 miles... just the occasional 1st to 2nd stickiness when cold. Wife's '08 has almost 7,000 miles and I can feel a prominent vibe in the shifter in 5th gear. Have had the flywheel checked... it's the old style prone to warping, so I think the TSB is needed.

Keith

My stock clutch has worked great and I have abused it BAD!!!

It has gon a 10 sec quarter mile. I have been driving it with over 700 RWHP for over a year. The car has a total of 35000 miles on it. The poor ssucker finally said "I have had enough" when I put a race tune in it and hit over 770 RWHP!! It is still fine in first and second, but as soon as you put a load on it in 3rd gear or higher the engine blows rioght through it! I am not complaining. Just trying to figure out what to replace it with. I am leaning toward mcleod.

My stock clutch has worked great and I have abused it BAD!!!

It has gone a 10 sec quarter mile. I have been driving it with over 700 RWHP for over a year. The car has a total of 35000 miles on it. The poor ssucker finally said "I have had enough" when I put a race tune in it and hit over 770 RWHP!! It is still fine in first and second, but as soon as you put a load on it in 3rd gear or higher the engine blows rioght through it! I am not complaining. Just trying to figure out what to replace it with. I am leaning toward mcleod.

I'm at 2500 miles and same rwhp [700]. Stock clutch works perfectly. I'm currently pulling the trans and installing the shelby shifter and un-sure on the Spec P trim, or McLeod clutch. I won't have the funds until next month [ 1500.00 ] so for now just gaining knowledge. FWIW the guys over at Lethal are the best.

Archived