TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 MY production pushed back

John  Allen

"The 2011 MY production has been pushed back from the original March 15th date. The new production date is Friday, April 2nd, 2010!"

I read this on onother site. Anyone else heard this? :headscratch:

i have not heard this. not good news for me. keep us posted.

Does not suprise me at all, I would expect it to actually get pushed again. There are far too many 2010's left on the lots. There are still several of the cars that I was looking at when I bought mine in January that are still on lots, almost all of the m actually. I so should have waited, I could have bought one at invice for sure now.

Does not suprise me at all, I would expect it to actually get pushed again. There are far too many 2010's left on the lots. There are still several of the cars that I was looking at when I bought mine in January that are still on lots, almost all of the m actually. I so should have waited, I could have bought one at invice for sure now.

My understanding was that March 15th was the date for pre-retail cars (showroom stuffers for big dealers, cars for the press, VIPs, etc.) and then the week of April 5th is when true retail production was supposed to start. Maybe not. Doh!

AAI is shut down for 2 weeks.They will resume production on 3-22-10.The 2010 Mustang build is complete and on 3-22 they will start to build the 2011's.They probably wont be released from the plant for a couple months though.

This is what I read on another site...

My understanding was that March 15th was the date for pre-retail cars (showroom stuffers for big dealers, cars for the press, VIPs, etc.) and then the week of April 5th is when true retail production was supposed to start. Maybe not. Doh!

I've been paying closer attention to people's signatures on this and other sites I frequent, and I'm seeing some rather LONG periods of time from when they say they placed the order to when they got the car delivered (previous model years obviously)

And I'm starting to realize this might be a long wait, longer then I was told originally.

This is what I read on another site...AAI is shut down for 2 weeks.They will resume production on 3-22-10.The 2010 Mustang build is complete and on 3-22 they will start to build the 2011's.They probably wont be released from the plant for a couple months though.

That concurs with the stickers I've downloaded - build dates of 3-22 to 3-25. Nothing before that since February 15th.

That concurs with the stickers I've downloaded - build dates of 3-22 to 3-25. Nothing before that since February 15th.

Well, as I said in another post, the local SVTOA sponsoring dealer, which is #1 in the region here says they have a "scheduled build date" of March 26th. But they also claim they are going to have the car in their showroom by April... But the fellow who works for AAI said they won;t release the cars for "a couple months" after they are built...

Hey, if I can get this dealer to give me the VIN for the scheduled build (he says they have a full VIN) can you please see what info you can find out about it? I;d greatly appreciate it.

Well, as I said in another post, the local SVTOA sponsoring dealer, which is #1 in the region here says they have a "scheduled build date" of March 26th. But they also claim they are going to have the car in their showroom by April... But the fellow who works for AAI said they won;t release the cars for "a couple months" after they are built...

Hey, if I can get this dealer to give me the VIN for the scheduled build (he says they have a full VIN) can you please see what info you can find out about it? I;d greatly appreciate it.

I also heard from my sales rep 3/22 was the 1st build date.

Well, as I said in another post, the local SVTOA sponsoring dealer, which is #1 in the region here says they have a "scheduled build date" of March 26th. But they also claim they are going to have the car in their showroom by April.

Based on last year - there's a wide range in the time frame from build date to delivery to dealer. Seemed like the normal amount was around 3 weeks when things were moving along.

But the fellow who works for AAI said they won't release the cars for "a couple months" after they are built...

Hmm...don't know about that. Unless there's some issue in production. But if it's an AAI guy...he would know. Just wasn't the case last year - save for the initial HID light issue, when cars were held up.

Hey, if I can get this dealer to give me the VIN for the scheduled build (he says they have a full VIN) can you please see what info you can find out about it? I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm just pulling online window stickers as they become available and entering info into a database. I don't have any "insider" info. But when your sticker comes up I can just tell you where it falls in the production for the 2011 MY thus far - like I did for the 2010's.

I've been paying closer attention to people's signatures on this and other sites I frequent, and I'm seeing some rather LONG periods of time from when they say they placed the order to when they got the car delivered (previous model years obviously)

And I'm starting to realize this might be a long wait, longer then I was told originally.

Just really depends on the situation...maybe their dealer didn't have an open allocation when their order was placed, etc. That could cause a super long wait. And even if they do have an allocation, from what I've read and learned from my time here - there's no guarantee when it would be pulled to be built.

Best thing to do in the meantime is just make sure the dealer has a allocation and sit back and relax..and sort of forget about it for a while...you'll drive yourself crazy thinking about it from day to day. At least that's what I did. LOL.\

Did you go through the same thing with your '08? Or did you buy it used or from dealer stock? Are you keeping that Shelby too? Wow..having two Shelbys..I could only dream. :blush:

Just really depends on the situation...maybe their dealer didn't have an open allocation when their order was placed, etc. That could cause a super long wait. And even if they do have an allocation, from what I've read and learned from my time here - there's no guarantee when it would be pulled to be built.

Best thing to do in the meantime is just make sure the dealer has a allocation and sit back and relax..and sort of forget about it for a while...you'll drive yourself crazy thinking about it from day to day. At least that's what I did. LOL.\

Did you go through the same thing with your '08? Or did you buy it used or from dealer stock? Are you keeping that Shelby too? Wow..having two Shelbys..I could only dream. :blush:

No, not keeping the '08.

I bought it off the showroom floor, but I waited things out, they had it marked up to $60,000 originally, then "sticker" then were willing to deal finally when the bottom fell out and the market crashed. Paid $42,000 for it.

Thanks for the replies/insight.

Blue star. Where do you download the stickers from (if you can tell)?

Can you tell us how many GT500's have build dates between 3-22 to 3-25?

Thanks for all the great information you provide on this forum.

Blue star. Where do you download the stickers from (if you can tell)?

Can you tell us how many GT500's have build dates between 3-22 to 3-25?

Thanks for all the great information you provide on this forum.

Yeah...nothing secret ;) - I'm just cycling through all VIN combinations using this link to access the online stickers :

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

As of Saturday, there were 150 cars (Coupe and Convertible combined) scheduled to be built between 3-22 and 3-25. I'm guessing that will increase as that week approaches.

How long does the production run last? Say for 2010 what was the start date of Job 1 for the GT500 and the date the last GT500 rolled off the line?

Reason I'm asking is I plan to wait until late summer/fall to order my 2011 GT500 to hopefully get the best deal and wanted to make sure I put in my order to get the exact combo I want and not have to dealer surf for my color combo.

Thanks

How long does the production run last? Say for 2010 what was the start date of Job 1 for the GT500 and the date the last GT500 rolled off the line?

Reason I'm asking is I plan to wait until late summer/fall to order my 2011 GT500 to hopefully get the best deal and wanted to make sure I put in my order to get the exact combo I want and not have to dealer surf for my color combo.

Thanks

For 2010, the production started the first week of March 2009 and ended the second week of January 2010. Of course, this would probably vary year to year. So production was about 10 months. Also, don't forget there was a hold up of a month or so because of the HID lights issue. I don't think the cars hit the dealers til late April or early May. So that may have extended the actual time for production in terms of months.

Burning- sorry to be a dummy as this is my first experience with ordering a new car. What vin number starts 2011 and do they sequencially go up from there starting with the last digit?

Burning- sorry to be a dummy as this is my first experience with ordering a new car. What vin number starts 2011 and do they sequentially go up from there starting with the last digit?

Hi...no there's no car that's say....000001 for it's last six digits. They are random and not following any pattern. The only slight pattern is that as the model year goes on the first two numbers of the last six digits increases...so in other words : 10XXXX, 11XXXX, 12XXXX.

For 2010, the production started the first week of March 2009 and ended the second week of January 2010. Of course, this would probably vary year to year. So production was about 10 months. Also, don't forget there was a hold up of a month or so because of the HID lights issue. I don't think the cars hit the dealers til late April or early May. So that may have extended the actual time for production in terms of months.

Burning Star, thanks for the link. Very interesting. I'm guessing you must have created some kind of generator to put in all the combos...or you are independently wealthy and pull VINs to populate your data base 24/7.

? You have a ton of additional information from what I see on the sticker.

Finally, when you say 150 couples and convertibles are we talking GT500's or Mustang's in general?

Thanks again!

Burning Star, thanks for the link. Very interesting. I'm guessing you must have created some kind of generator to put in all the combos...or you are independently wealthy and pull VINs to populate your data base 24/7. You have a ton of additional information from what I see on the sticker.

Finally, when you say 150 couples and convertibles are we talking GT500's or Mustang's in general?

Definitely not independently wealthy! LOL! I wish I was...I could only imagine what I might do with a bank full of money. First would be a huge garage...and then power upgrades for the Shelby!

150 Shelby GT500's only.

I am toying with the idea of getting databases together for the complete '10 & '11 Mustang line up..I'm not sure though. There are what might as well be a million V6 mustangs built yearly. Last years GT COUPES ran a bit over 19,000 units - which is tough to tackle to begin with.

Blues right about prodcution,but theyshipped the first ones last, and many of those came way after they starting shipping car 1st week of june.They use a LIFO system for shipping, last in first out

For what its worth, Blue is correct when production began on the 10's to the public, but there were some built before then on pre production runs. I have a 2010 built on 2/13/09 and Blue proved mine was no where near the first.

For what its worth, Blue is correct when production began on the 10's to the public, but there were some built before then on pre production runs. I have a 2010 built on 2/13/09 and Blue proved mine was no where near the first.

+1

Yeah, that's what I assumed GotvenomGT500 was asking about - just the cars that will be part of the actual public production run.

Hawkbarr - were you able to find any stickers on your car or any writing maybe inside the engine compartment to corroborate your February production? Not doubting anything...just curious.

Just wanted to update everyone on dates. I just got an email (this AM) from the dealership that said my car "Should be built next week" and that I'll have a VIN soon. I'll keep you posted as we move along.

That seems to be the overall concensus of everyone here...GREAT NEWS! Hopefully there won't be any hold ups in production and you all will have the '11's very soon! B)

Just curious, when did you actually get the car

Archived