TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JUST GOT GOUGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROUSH360R

My friend & I #'s 2 & 3 on a dealers list & we both were just gouged! :nonono: We are also business partners, who just bought a loaded F650 flatbed and sent other purchases there in order to make our position better come Shelby time! I was told when we made the deposit to expect $2-$5k over msrp max! Well today we got the $13,500K gouge!!!!!!!!!!! Poor business decision, considering moving 2 cars at once & previous & future sales!

My deal was to get our deposits back if we disagreed w/ the markup! The car is simply not worth the price to me and I will not buy into dealer gouging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure to post this dealer's name in the "GOUGE THREAD" !

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=343

I'm taking an interest in dealers who back-peddle on agreements.

Sorry to hear about this, Roush. :( It sucks to know that with all that was on the line, they'd try to screw you two anyhow. :nonono: I'm guessing you walked away, and that you won't look back?

Not sure if it'll help, but I posted another thread about a dealer that seems VERY willing to work with the Shelby enthusiasts. It's called Mike Bass Ford, located in Sheffield, Ohio, and can be reached at 440-934-6591. You'd need to ask for Kurt Miller or a guy named Ryan. Maybe you could get it shipped to your location.

make sure to post this dealer's name in the "GOUGE THREAD" !

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=343

I'm taking an interest in dealers who back-peddle on agreements.

Robert, I'm not sure what your plan is, but, anything may help. These stories are popping up all over the place on every Mustang forum. I think we need to start with bad publicity vs good publicity for honest dealers. Second, we need to stay calm and just simply not buy the cars unless the deal is honest and reasonable. The storm will blow over faster if the cars aren't selling well.

Each of the bad dealers that get listed should get an email notifying them that they got added to the bad list on a very large public forum.

Robert, I'm not sure what your plan is, but, anything may help. These stories are popping up all over the place on every Mustang forum. I think we need to start with bad publicity vs good publicity for honest dealers. Second, we need to stay calm and just simply not buy the cars unless the deal is honest and reasonable. The storm will blow over faster if the cars aren't selling well.

Each of the bad dealers that get listed should get an email notifying them that they got added to the bad list on a very large public forum.

I think it's a great plan. I can put something together tonight and start sending them. I'll post the copy here first for aproval.

I think it's a great plan. I can put something together tonight and start sending them. I'll post the copy here first for aproval.

We should get Robert's blessing before we do something representative of his site.

Guest admin.stangs

How about this: We focus on the dealers who have gone back on their promise of a certain price. Then we make a list of those dealers.

Ladies and Gents...4 words. GET IT IN WRITING! As I mentioned during one of my previous posts, I'm paying $5K over sticker with a GUARANTEE that whatever the market does I still will not pay a cent over. Of course, I had to put a non-refundable deposit for this honor, but it sets the deal and makes it difficult for the dealership to backout. If, however, the market gets really soft because of all of the pissed off enthusiasts, then I can always walk over to another dealer and get the darn thing for sticker! The trick is set the limits when it comes to DMU.

I was covered in writing for my money back if I didn't agree w/ the dealer markup! Which I sure as hell don't!

The dealer didn't actually go back on his deal, but went to far non the less. He said it should be between 2-5k over, but couldn't commit because he wanted to see what the market would bear. That's why I had to cover myself in writing to get my deposit back. I could only see paying $5k over max if you just had to have the car right now, if it could wait then don't let these dealers rape you!

• 1 month later...

Well I just got THE CALL from a local dealer(KEMP FORD in Thousand Oaks CA)they need some info over the phone so they can let me have the last GT500 they are getting.All thy need is a 5000.00 deposit and they will sell it to me for 25,000 over msrp.I said "WHAT are you high".I asked him how they can rip off the public like that?He said demand was very high.Thanks, but no thanks.

Well I just got THE CALL from a local dealer(KEMP FORD in Thousand Oaks CA)they need some info over the phone so they can let me have the last GT500 they are getting.All thy need is a 5000.00 deposit and they will sell it to me for 25,000 over msrp.I said "WHAT are you high".I asked him how they can rip off the public like that?He said demand was very high.Thanks, but no thanks.

Try Galpin. You know that they will go over MSRP, but they get a bigger allocation so their markup might/hopefully be less than 25K.

I can tell you that Santa Monica Ford is selling theirs $10,000 over. They want a $5,000.00 deposit, then first on the list gets first right-of-refusal (like that will happen), then the car is offered to the next person on the list, so on and so on... On the first cars, they are going to order the car the way they want (essentally a stock order) and you don't have a say about it.

Good Luck!

I just got the same phone call today from Kemp Ford

I can tell you that if you are willing to pay 10 K over

I think the dealer that I have deposit with can still

order you a car for 10K over just like I paid

I suggest $0.00.

I totally agree. Not a cent above MSRP. Let's stick to that and they will have their cars sit.

I think it is a great idea to sent emails to dealers who back out of their agreements, that they are on the gouge list.

I totally agree. Not a cent above MSRP. Let's stick to that and they will have their cars sit.

I think it is a great idea to sent emails to dealers who back out of their agreements, that they are on the gouge list.

A Gouge List is a fantastic idea, and as much as I would like to see cars sit on the lots of dealers that are running up prices, I don't think it is a reality - just look at the Ford GT's...they didn't sit long.

There is ONE upside of dealer gouging...the guys that do buy at MSRP have a built in appreciation in the value of their cars IF the later ones are sold quickly. But the last few Ford GT's that I know of being sold went at or near MSRP...I honestly think the GT500's will do the same.

Even many of the '04 Cobras went for under MSRP with a similar number built as the proposed numbers for the GT500.

As a side note, I expect MANY more gouging stories once these cars start hitting the dealerships. :rant:

Archived