TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Sqeeling

KR_Mac

Is this normal for our KR Brembo Brakes. I have about 2500 low miles on my KR and notice the brakes squeek at times. I mean im cruising on a nice Sunday and driving through the busy local Starbucks or Mall where alot of people hang out and of course everyones EYEing the KR with AMAZEMENT and next thing you know my brakes squeek and squeel (sounds like somones nails going through a chalkboard - ok maybe over exaggerating) when I brake and pass...... to me this fine top quality KR im proud of should not sound like that. Again is this Freakin normal or is this why everyone changing to Baer?

KR_Mac

...of course everyones EYEing the KR with AMAZEMENT...

Around here, my KR is just another Mustang. Ignored by most except for the Prius drivers, who do give me the occasional frown in disgust. :)

The brake squeal is probably normal, and possibly caused by improperly broken-in pads..(?) I notice that mine make lots of dust, but I expect that from a performance pad. I haven't done any track work with my KR, so don't know how they work when hot... But, mine stop very well on the street, even when cool.

Is this normal for our KR Brembo Brakes. I have about 2500 low miles on my KR and notice the brakes squeek at times. I mean im cruising on a nice Sunday and driving through the busy local Starbucks or Mall where alot of people hang out and of course everyones EYEing the KR with AMAZEMENT and next thing you know my brakes squeek and squeel (sounds like somones nails going through a chalkboard - ok maybe over exaggerating) when I brake and pass...... to me this fine top quality KR im proud of should not sound like that. Again is this Freakin normal or is this why everyone changing to Baer?

KR_Mac

On another thread we were contemplating the installation of the air ducts for the front brakes and it was stated that the air ducts force alot of dirt, sand, fine rocks, etc... onto the rotors. Do you have the air ducts installed, or are the roads dusty/sandy? I've not heard the brakes squeeking from the four KR's in my area, but they are all still low mileage cars too. I agree too with the brake in period for your break pads and clutch.

Might be caused by forced air or misplayed brakes. I have a forced air on my V6 and I have tons of dirt flood my rotors, so I just pump my brakes and it clears it up most of the time. Check your sensor as well. Baer is just another HP brake pad. I would go after Hawk or Mintex brake pads, I prefer both actually.

KR_Mac

I think I might be a little concerned about brake sqeeking, I've got 4K plus on mine and have never experienced any noise from my brakes. I would run it by the dealer and let them check it out. Maybe they can clean and inspect brake assembly for you. I have air ducts installed also and I'm looking for a screen to protect against debris entering the ducts.

Yes we do attract attention... yesterday I pulled next to a modified Trans Am at a stop light and he reved his motor and asked if I wanted to race, told him to give me a break, wasn't worth my time and too much traffic anyhow. I reved my KR and he gave me a thumbs up..... :dance:

Happy Motoring

Go to the stop-tech website and read their excellent white papers about brakes. I had squealing brakes on my '08 S302E, followed the stoptech "bed-in" procedure, and fixed the problem. Plus doing a series of 10-60-10 runs was fun! :)

Chris.

Around here, my KR is just another Mustang. Ignored by most except for the Prius drivers, who do give me the occasional frown in disgust. :)

The brake squeal is probably normal, and possibly caused by improperly broken-in pads..(?) I notice that mine make lots of dust, but I expect that from a performance pad. I haven't done any track work with my KR, so don't know how they work when hot... But, mine stop very well on the street, even when cool.

I have used my KR on the track, with the brake duct kit. It outbraked everything else (Mustang 45th Anniversary track day). No fade, always confident and no noise. Lot of dust however and 5mpg. Oh and the whine could be heard all over the track :lol:

Go to the stop-tech website and read their excellent white papers about brakes. I had squealing brakes on my '08 S302E, followed the stoptech "bed-in" procedure, and fixed the problem. Plus doing a series of 10-60-10 runs was fun! :)

Chris.

Thanks everyone for the feedbacks. Ive been babying the car even up to its low 2500 miles. I did some of the stop tech techniques and now the brakes dont squeel at all. They always worked great but now I know its working properly and not warped. I even got the KR up to 140 mph on the open freeway. Man that car moves with confidence and smothness (almost scary knowing your going that fast and it doesnt feel like it). The speedometer was still rising but i had to cut it down when I started approaching the next group of cars on the freeway quickly. LOL :)

Archived