TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Springs for Lowering

gt force

Lowering springs? Eibach, ProKit or Ford Racing springs? About the same? :jackinbox:

Pros and cons of lowering!

Front splitter in danger of hitting every speedbump or adequate clearance.

Any pics.

Lowering springs? Eibach, ProKit or Ford Racing springs? About the same? :jackinbox:

Any pics.

[/quot I PUT H&R SPORT LOWERING ON MY 2010 500, AND HAD THEM ON MY TERMINATOR, AND LOVED THE LOOK AND RIDE DID NOT CHANGE THAT MUCH , MY CARS ARE NOT DAILY DRIVERS, BUT I STILL LIKE THE RIDE ENOUGH TO DO IT AGAIN IF YOU WANT A SOFT RIDING CAR BUY A CADDY CTS-V GO A LITTLE SLOWER OVER SPEED BUMPS, I HAVE NEVER BOTTOM OUT AND I LIVE IN NEW YORK DO IT LOOKS GREAT, AND RIDE IS GOOD JOHNNY

2008 here with the Eibach Pro-Kit and I am extremely happy with everything.

Thanks for the info.

Did you require any other hardware? Panhard bar? Camber bolts plate? for alignment purposes only!!!

Thanks for the info.

Did you require any other hardware? Panhard bar? Camber bolts plate? for alignment purposes only!!!

Well my parts haven't showed up yet, but they said to make everything right I need springs, cc plates, adj. upper control arm, and adj panhard bar.

Thanks for the info.

To make it really work as well as look good......

Fay's2 Watt's Link

MM caster camber plates

Tokico D Spec shocks and struts

BTW - go with FRPP springs.

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome.

I did need an adjustable panhard bar after I lowered it (I recommend the BMR, part # PHR006), but as far as the front is concerned, it's kind of a hit and miss. When I asked the same question some said yes and others said no, so I went ahead and bought the camber bolts for $30 and didn't look back.

scroll down about half way

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005MustangSUSPENSION.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I recently installed the FRPP springs, BMR adjustable panhard bar, and camber bolts in the front end. Everything is solid. Ride height in the rear is a touch under 28" and the front is 27.5" if I remember correctly. If your ambition is just lowering and not auto-crossing the car every weekend then that's the route I would recommend. It gave me the results I was looking for, anyways.

I've posted a few links here and there. Maybe they will help, especially the feedback I got from other members:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

P1040868.jpg

Questions for you...what do you want to do with the car and what is your budget?

If you're just wanting the look then springs are enough. No need for all the other stuff. I have Steeda springs on my GT500. Takes the car down about 1 1/2 inches. Looks great and drives fine. I used ford racing springs on my '06 GT and had no problem there either. Of course you run more of a risk of bottoming out or scraping the front splitter but if you're careful it probably won't be an issue. Figure somewhere around $400-$700.

Now if you're looking to take the car to the track then a complete suspension package would be a better option. There's the Eibach Prokit, a Ford Racing kit and I'm sure plenty of other options. More parts to change out and of course more money. The plus is they are adjustable. I'd figure $2,000 to $2,500 here.

Finally, there's the Griggs SS. Big money...$4,500 to $5,500 and worth every penny. It's what I'm saving up for. Until then the springs alone give me the look I want at a reasonable cost.

Lowering springs? Eibach, ProKit or Ford Racing springs? About the same? jackinbox.gif

Any pics.

Archived