TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bama joined American Muscle....

Sounding like it's a winner then.... the few posts i've seen where people had both bama and brenspeed seemed to lean toward bama being "better"...

You still heading to Brenspeed for more go-fast parts this summer greaser?

Sounding like it's a winner then.... the few posts i've seen where people had both bama and brenspeed seemed to lean toward bama being "better"...

You still heading to Brenspeed for more go-fast parts this summer greaser?

thats the plan :shift: now i just have to decide what i want lol i keep going back and forth between NA and FI i feel like farve. :doh:

I hear ya, definitely a BIG decision, I'm still on the fence about paxton vs. turbo vs. whipple.... 90% sure i'm sticking with my original choice of a turbo, but I will change my mind 50 more times before I'm ready to buy, so who knows.... I do think FI is the best bang for the buck either way though UNLESS you are sure you won't want more power later though....

I just saw you were posting about the twin turbo on here... you should jump on that if you have the loot! That is a bad ass setup for sure! If I was ready I would! Then I would HAVE to go turbo to keep up with being the black version of your car lol

I have a Bama 91 Performance, 93 Performace and 93 Race tunes but I have yet to install any of them as I have the Charge Motion deletes to install prior and have not had the time to get to them.

Just recieved a email from Doug at Bama stating the following:

1) DiabloSport Customers - All Diablosport customers from BamaChips are enrolled in the new Free Tunes for Life program. That means you'll continue to get updated tunes for any mods you make, for the lifetime of your vehicle, CAI, throttle body, gears, we're ready for it.

2) Tune Purchases without Devices from BamaChips - When we launched Bama Custom Tuning at AmericanMuscle, we were offering 'continued support' for customers who purchased custom tunes (without devices) from BamaChips. This has led to some confusion about what, exactly, 'support' means. To eliminate this confusion, Bama Custom Tuning is now enrolling ALL customers who placed orders from BamaChips in the Free Tunes for Life Program.

:happy feet:

Hate to break this to you guys but..........................

Doug isn't actually "writing" new tunes. American Muscle has been selling their tuners and packages with Doug's tunes for over two years but didn't advertise them as Bamachips work. In order to "legitimize" their mail order/catalog tunes they have signed this deal with Doug.

That's all it is. Doug is still out chasing skirts and not fulfilling orders he has had for eight months or so.

What exactly does that mean SD?

IE, my car is stock SGT equipment, so getting an "old" tune shouldn't matter, correct?

Or are you saying I won't be getting a actual doug written tune at all?

The next step for me is going to be a turbo and obviously no canned tune at that point, but I want the best bang for the buck in the meantime since I will eventually need the SCT anyway...

They are Doug's tunes. Put simply, A/M had a contract with Bamachips to supply canned tunes for the tuners they sold and for the "packages" they sold. That's what they did for several years. If you bought a cold air kit/throttle body/pulleys/headers package from A/M you got a Bamachips tune written for that setup but it was NOT advertised as being written by Doug or supplied by Bamachips.

All they have done now is lend some semblence of credibility to these tunes by placing the Bamachips name on them.

Archived