TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Guy

Fleetleader101

Hey guys I'm a college kid who is graduating soon and I'm trying to figure out what kind of car to get. My dad, grandfather, and myself are just trying to get some research in on the following rides.

GT-500

Cayman S

Camaro SS2

Challenger STR8

50-70k Cars of any type.

Any and all info links you can think of would be great. Thanks guys.

Hey guys I'm a college kid who is graduating soon and I'm trying to figure out what kind of car to get. My dad, grandfather, and myself are just trying to get some research in on the following rides.

GT-500

Cayman S

Camaro SS2

Challenger STR8

50-70k Cars of any type.

Any and all info links you can think of would be great. Thanks guys.

Check out this feature article from

http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0910_2009_best_drivers_car/index.html

that includes BOTH the 2010 Shelby GT500, Cayman and the (10th place) Camaro. Obviously, on this forum site we're prejudice towards the $50k Shelby. At $67k, the Posche Cayman is a great car as well. One is a crazy horsepower / torque, modern American muscle car that you can't beat in a straight-a-way or for a dose of adrenaline, the other (at a 33% increase in price) is a refined German sports car that responds well on a road track environment. One is literally "smoking" hot fun... the other a slot car for grown-ups. Not to much to tinker with on the Cayman... but almost limitless "mod" hobbie time with the fire-breather. Last but not least, at your age, young women will drool over the Shelby, but might wonder what the heck you're driving if you decide on the Cayman. A word of advice... go with the smoking hot fun while you're young. It's just a matter of time (sooner than later) that this current production wave of American internal combustion muscle cars will screech to a halt due to fuel and environmental reasons imposed upon our manufacturers by our all wise government leaders. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Check out this feature article from

http://www.motortren..._car/index.html

that includes BOTH the 2010 Shelby GT500, Cayman and the (10th place) Camaro. Obviously, on this forum site we're prejudice towards the $50k Shelby. At $67k, the Posche Cayman is a great car as well. One is a crazy horsepower / torque, modern American muscle car that you can't beat in a straight-a-way or for a dose of adrenaline, the other (at a 33% increase in price) is a refined German sports car that responds well on a road track environment. One is literally "smoking" hot fun... the other a slot car for grown-ups. Not to much to tinker with on the Cayman... but almost limitless "mod" hobbie time with the fire-breather. Last but not least, at your age, young women will drool over the Shelby, but might wonder what the heck you're driving if you decide on the Cayman. A word of advice... go with the smoking hot fun while you're young. It's just a matter of time (sooner than later) that this current production wave of American internal combustion muscle cars will screech to a halt due to fuel and environmental reasons imposed upon our manufacturers by our all wise government leaders. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Very well put.

For 70k look into the Super Snake or the GT350. The Super Snake gets lots, and I mean lots of attention.

GT-500

Cayman S

Camaro SS2

Challenger STR8

50-70k Cars of any type.

Without being too biased towards Ford, here's my honest opinions:

GT500: Once the 2011 comes out, you can't beat 550hp from the dealership for under 100k... I mean that's just insane (awesome!) when you think about it. It also looks great and sounds amazing when you open it up so it will definitely turn heads

Cayman S: I've driven one and I have to say this car handles like you wouldn't believe. It weighs under 3000lbs, stops on a dime, and with an intake/tune you get over 300hp. Only problem I can see is the mid engine setup which you might not enjoy based on the other cars on your list. It launches out of corners like a rocket so if you like kicking the back end out this car won't do it for you. Unless you are a serious road racer I would stay away from this one!

Camaro SS2: Nice machine but when it really comes down to it you might as well spend the extra money and go straight for the new Corvette GS if you're looking around the 70k mark anyways.

Challenger SRT8: Umm, well the e-brake is a foot pedal to start with. I've heard stuff tends to break on it.... the interior looks just like a Dodge Ram, so if you like that interior for a sports car then I guess that's cool, LOL. The retro look is pretty nice though but seriously I would look away unless this car has some sort of sentimental value to you. The Challenger doesn't really win in any category.

Archived