TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nav system hacking

mdwayne

Has anyone figured out how to hack the 08/09 nav systems to show the cobra at start up as opposed to the blue oval?

The logo/start up screen is a actually a hard coded string in the bootup software. Without physically removing the system and opening it up there is no way to "hack it". There is no real access to the software via any simple means. I'm sure it could be done but would mean a "re write" of the hard code which would mean having to physically add an access point.

There are aftermarket "hacks" for usability but not the screen display as of yet.

By the way - has anyone in the meantime the information, if it's possible to hack the system, for make it working in Europe?

And if yes - who can do this?

Greez, Booster

Booster, hope you are enjoying your KR. The UK Mustang Owner's Club had a discussion on this, they don't think it can be done.

Sorry not better news.

Kind Regards

Thanks for the info, JerseySandy. That sounds not good. It seems like I have to change the navi to an aftermarket one :(

My KR is still at a company, who will make my baby ready for driving her in Switzerland. But next Thuesday I can pick up her :yahoo::yahoo:

As soon, as she is in my garage, I will post some picture here......................

I myself tried to find a way as mine's residing in France but had no luck at all finding a suitable hack :(

Thanks for the info, JerseySandy. That sounds not good. It seems like I have to change the navi to an aftermarket one :(

My KR is still at a company, who will make my baby ready for driving her in Switzerland. But next Thuesday I can pick up her :yahoo::yahoo:

As soon, as she is in my garage, I will post some picture here......................

Archived