TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'07 high speed pulls, and vs Viper ACR race

PMN

Hi,

winter is ending here, the roads are dry, and it's cold, about -10celcius. Good time for some pulls!

Here's the first one, starting on 3rd gear:

Second one, at night - starting in 4th, than 5th to the end. The car pulled good at 6th also, but it was too much for me this time :)

And here are few vids from a closed road with my friend and his new Viper ACR (man, this car handles! BTW. he has 345rears Pilot Sport Cup from factory, 285s are front tires!).

In 3 parts:

I'm selling the car next week. It was hard decision, but...

Now I wonder, wait for 2011 and it's alu block, or go 2010...

And one more old vid. The car was stock back than (but wheels, and axleback), and I blew the start:

Hi,

winter is ending here, the roads are dry, and it's cold, about -10celcius. Good time for some pulls!

Here's the first one, starting on 3rd gear:

Second one, at night - starting in 4th, than 5th to the end. The car pulled good at 6th also, but it was too much for me this time :)

And here are few vids from a closed road with my friend and his new Viper ACR (man, this car handles! BTW. he has 345rears Pilot Sport Cup from factory, 285s are front tires!).

In 3 parts:

I'm selling the car next week. It was hard decision, but...

Now I wonder, wait for 2011 and it's alu block, or go 2010...

And one more old vid. The car was stock back than (but wheels, and axleback), and I blew the start:

Great videos. Do you have SLP Loudmouths?

Yes, those are SLP Loudmouths - love it!

Craigo - I believe you were thinking about speed limiter - the rev limiter is set to 6200rpm, speed limiter is set to none... :)

You are definitely a god...taking on an ACR and beating it...not a joke

So all you have is a lower pulley and intake? Im sorry but what is a steeda HE and WOT launch control/flatshift? I want to knwo in order to have my white Shelby set up the same way.

Thanks CrzyHorse!

Steeda HE is Steeda's Heat Exchanger - but you don't want it.

Most problems I had was with IAT2s. What I did is I modified Steeda's HE, added stock HE, and than modified both :) (will post details if needed).

But I think if you'd go with the new dual fan big HE it should be OK. Just check than your IAT2s.

WOT launch control - is a WOT box, small device that you can program. When you press the clutch and than accelerator pedal the engine rpm stops at the programmed level AND the sc shows full boost. It can be useful for launching or just easier tire burning :) Than, there is a flatshift function, which means you can change gears without letting off the accelerator pedal - it's much faster and smoother.

One other thing that changed the car greatly was the Jon Lund tune. I tell you, I had some stock tune, than I bought one from Jon Lund... What a difference!

Besiede above I have a Evo Stage 2 with 2,6upper, 10% lower, SLP Loudmouth, Spec SS Clutch, and Nitto 305/35/20 tires - those tires are worth buying! If warmed up properly they hook up real good!

I think the Viper would've been faster than me if the driver could launch better, but he didn't. He didn't warm up the tires...

Than we had few runs rolling from different speeds and the cars run almost equal...

Nonetheless, I'm happy I made it :)

Thanks CrzyHorse!

Steeda HE is Steeda's Heat Exchanger - but you don't want it.

Most problems I had was with IAT2s. What I did is I modified Steeda's HE, added stock HE, and than modified both :) (will post details if needed).

But I think if you'd go with the new dual fan big HE it should be OK. Just check than your IAT2s.

WOT launch control - is a WOT box, small device that you can program. When you press the clutch and than accelerator pedal the engine rpm stops at the programmed level AND the sc shows full boost. It can be useful for launching or just easier tire burning :) Than, there is a flatshift function, which means you can change gears without letting off the accelerator pedal - it's much faster and smoother.

One other thing that changed the car greatly was the Jon Lund tune. I tell you, I had some stock tune, than I bought one from Jon Lund... What a difference!

Besiede above I have a Evo Stage 2 with 2,6upper, 10% lower, SLP Loudmouth, Spec SS Clutch, and Nitto 305/35/20 tires - those tires are worth buying! If warmed up properly they hook up real good!

I think the Viper would've been faster than me if the driver could launch better, but he didn't. He didn't warm up the tires...

Than we had few runs rolling from different speeds and the cars run almost equal...

Nonetheless, I'm happy I made it :)

cool stuff

Archived