TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT OE Wheels

07SGT4957

In Oct of 2008 I bought a set of 4 from a TS member, 4 original wheels and tires, 2000 miles on them, no sensors......$500 for the set, $100 to ship via Fedex = $600 total

(and they had Shelby center caps)

bought these to mount the snow tires for my wife's DD, a 2008 SGT,

and I just upgraded my stock wheels on my 07 to the ones in my sig pic and decided to keep my originals for road racing applications.

Just sold mine this past Sunday for $500. The wheels were perfect, but the BFG's had 20,000 miles on them. In the 20,000 miles were four track days at PIR, and the inside front shoulders of the tires swowed more wear.

I was thinking of buying them off you, but the timing was off. I've plunked 2k into my car in the few weeks I've had it, and have to wait until next month before I can think about what I'll do for wheels/tires/brakes. I like the look of the black Razors, but being a GT-H I don't know if I should stay with the stock Bullitt's. Then there's the stock vs GT500 take off brakes. I still can't decide what to do!

I'm glad you were able to sell them though.

Speaking of what JNJ said, anyone who takes their car on the track should definitely check the inner walls of the tires. Last year I did about 7 days at SCCA Solo (wanted to get there every session but just couldn't make it every time) and two different times on different tracks (CSBB 85, SAAC 33), plus I have about 18,000 miles or so. When I changed one of the tires, the inner wall was worn really bad so I changed all 4. There was a lot of rubber dust rolling around inside the tires. It's worth the $20-$50 to have someone pull a tire off now and then to inspect the inside and wall thickness. I'd hate for anyone to crash for not knowing or checking the tire wall thickness.

I hope to get on the track again this year but will purchase a whole new set of wheels just for the track.

Happy/safe racing all.

Mine are still for sale Tom...I was just kinda testing the market. The wheels are still available if you are interested...I will hold them for you if you need me to.

Actually I was talking about Jim's wheels. He had a set of the black ones, which are what I have now. I either want to stick with the stock black bullitt style, or go with black Razor's. Thanks for thinking of me though!

Tom

Mine are still for sale Tom...I was just kinda testing the market. The wheels are still available if you are interested...I will hold them for you if you need me to.

The 18" Razors and Toyo's in your sig pic look awesome! What size Proxes are you running front and back? How do you like those Proxes 4? I put those on my wife's car and she loves them so far.

Archived