TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Clone for 32k ???

Imatk

So I'm looking through Ebay for GT500 stuff and I come across this ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-WE-FINANCE-2007-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-CLONE-LEATHER-ONLY-5K-MI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d284b2f2aQQitemZ400107974442QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

I was just wondering would you guys actually buy a clone for 32k when you could buy the real thing for 36k or so??

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Doesn't make sense to me either.....why would you invest the time and money to replace the front fascia, bumper, hood, wheels, etc., etc. to turn a perfectly good Mustang GT into something it's not. The autocheck report does not mention any damage....so why spend the money on all the body work and paint????? The only advantage I see is he's paying less insurance than we are.

I just don't get it. headscratch.gif

Doesn't make sense to me either.....why would you invest the time and money to replace the front fascia, bumper, hood, wheels, etc., etc. to turn a perfectly good Mustang GT into something it's not. The autocheck report does not mention any damage....so why spend the money on all the body work and paint????? The only advantage I see is he's paying less insurance than we are.

Well, I can understand making the clone if you've got the GT. I'm not saying I necessarily AGREE with it, but I can understand it.

Remember back in '07 the GT500 was going for CRAZY prices.

But what I don't get is why someone would now pay 32k for a GT clone.

So I'm looking through Ebay for GT500 stuff and I come across this ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-WE-FINANCE-2007-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-CLONE-LEATHER-ONLY-5K-MI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d284b2f2aQQitemZ400107974442QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

I was just wondering would you guys actually buy a clone for 32k when you could buy the real thing for 36k or so??

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Also states that it is supercharged and it is not.

Supercharged

Cylinders : 8

Drive Type Code : RWD

Cam Type : Single Overhead Cam (SOHC)

Compression Ratio : 9.8

Max Hp : 300 Hp @ 5750 Rpm

Size : 4.6L

Torque Ft Lbs : 320 Ft-lbs. @ 4500 Rpm

Type : Gas

Values : 24

Valve Timing

Also states that it is supercharged and it is not.

Supercharged

Cylinders : 8

Drive Type Code : RWD

Cam Type : Single Overhead Cam (SOHC)

Compression Ratio : 9.8

Max Hp : 300 Hp @ 5750 Rpm

Size : 4.6L

Torque Ft Lbs : 320 Ft-lbs. @ 4500 Rpm

Type : Gas

Values : 24

Valve Timing

It says "Loaded with 5.4L V8 MPI Engine". WTF headscratch.gif

Thats why he wants $32k. Because his investment in the car is huge now and he thought that he could get the GT500 inflated price for it. Stupid idea.

Well at least it's not a V6.

Dax needs to be :beatdeadhorse:

Ricer: "Hey I just raced a GT500"

Friend: "Got your doors BLOWN OFF!"

Ricer: "NO WAY...I pulled on him like a freight train"

Friend: "What have you been drinking?"

300 Max HP

2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, for $33,500 was a :hysterical3: "BITTER" Deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

When I first saw it, I thought it was a Shelby until I saw the engine. Nice looking clone, but its still a clone. And there's no way its worth $32k.

I asked the seller why it was listed with a 5.4 supercharged engine... the listing has since changed :)

Archived