TEAM SHELBY FORUM

prop rod black gasket

Torched10

The little black thing thats on the end of the proip up rod fell off and i can tell exactly where it goes on my 2010.Its the piece that has a slit in it that prvents the rod from rubbing against the engine valance---can you guys tell me where it mounts so when i glue it on,itll be in the correct place--thanks

The little black thing thats on the end of the proip up rod fell off and i can tell exactly where it goes on my 2010.Its the piece that has a slit in it that prvents the rod from rubbing against the engine valance---can you guys tell me where it mounts so when i glue it on,itll be in the correct place--thanks

Bob

That piece goes between the rod and the hood. Ie it is what the hood sits on so it does not get scratched.

Todd

Bob

That piece goes between the rod and the hood. Ie it is what the hood sits on so it does not get scratched.

Todd

Todd---i need to know where on the rod it goes--does it go in the curved area towarsd the end or the stright piece.BTW, Paneras had 400 cars Sunday,lots of Gt500s--thanks.Yeah, it looks like apretty easy piece to make if the earlier years didnt have one---bob

Ok, working from bottom up. Follow the bar up to the first 90 deg bend. The section that runs parallel to the ground, this is the part that the hood actually rest on. This is where the piece goes. The next section is the piece that you put into the prop hole, this is NOT where it goes. Hope this helps.

Posting from my Blackberry so forgive any typos. Lol

And I was all set to go Sunday but oldest daughter did not get to go to friend house, so I had all 3 kids. I was really looking forward to it also.

Todd

Todd---i need to know where on the rod it goes--does it go in the curved area towarsd the end or the stright piece.BTW, Paneras had 400 cars Sunday,lots of Gt500s--thanks.Yeah, it looks like apretty easy piece to make if the earlier years didnt have one---bob

here you go

dztahl.jpg

Bob,

The picture is as they say, "perfect". Though, unless you are really attached to the prop rod approach, I REALLY recommend going with the Redline hood lifts. SUPER easy to install, maybe 20 minutes and they are just beautiful at raising the hood at a controlled speed and come with the guarantee as well.

Nic

Bob,

The picture is as they say, "perfect". Though, unless you are really attached to the prop rod approach, I REALLY recommend going with the Redline hood lifts. SUPER easy to install, maybe 20 minutes and they are just beautiful at raising the hood at a controlled speed and come with the guarantee as well.

Nic

Nc---do they rquire any drilling??

here you go

dztahl.jpg

thanks for pic--what Todd describes i thiunk is the section on the stright piece, not the section in your piuci think.The reason im curious is that on the stright piece just before the curve theres is a section that looks like it might have had glue on it,and is just the right length for the black piece.Thanks for help

Nc---do they rquire any drilling??

Yup it sure did! Though, the kit comes with a great layout/instructions on exactly where the holes need to go. It ends up being 2 holes on the driver and passenger side hood and then rivets hold that bracket in. Then there are I think 2 more that get drilled on the inner lip of the fender for the lower bracket held in but nut/bolts. My daughter and I, from start to finish, did this install in about 30 minutes.

Drill bits for metal, a decent drill, masking tape for the measuring and marking and a rivet tool is all that is needed. Kit came with all the hardware to include the 4 rivets.

If you decide to go this rout and want more details I would be very happy to help out with pictures or phone call or anything like that.

Nic

Ok bob

just got home and took a quick pic for ya.

post-25617-126816713221_thumb.jpg

Todd

Todd--thanks--I tried them in both spots,and the other spot,just before the big curve that goes ito the section your picture shows, actully holds the bar further away from the engine valance to prevent rubbing.Also, if you look at that spot,its marked to where the "spacer" could go. I wonder if the assembly sheets for the car have it being installed in the wrong spot,ie not where it was designed by the engineers to go

Archived