TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 -- Limited Production???

markjhawk

Saw an interesting article on the Ford site.

Limited Production

I thought for 2010 there were no limits on the number of GT500s they would build...whatever the market would bear. Is it different for 2011?

The 2011 Shelby GT500�. Limited build. Unlimited performance.

NewsEvents_Ph3_326x183.jpg Finding the right words to describe the 2011 Shelby GT500� is hard. Almost as hard as trying to ignore one on the street. Built in limited production, this prize of collectible American muscle holds true to its Shelby racing heritage with more raw power and performance-enhancing additions than ever before.

Thanks to a Roots-type Eaton supercharger bolted to its all-new, cast-aluminum engine block, the special 5.4-liter four-valve V8 delivers 550 horsepower and 510 lb.�ft. of torque at 6,200 rpm. And this year�s optional Performance Package is just as impressive.

The performance features include serious upgrades engineered to make this dream ride even more awe-inspiring. Even the most die-hard Shelby fans will be struck by the staggered wheel setup where 19-inch wheels live up front while 20-inch wheels work from the back, the new racing-tuned suspension and Directional R-Compound tires at each corner.

For a refresher course, the Shelby GT500� carries a Tremec six-speed manual transmission, a limited-slip rear differential with 3.55 performance gear ratio or an optional 3.73. For stopping this beast, you�ll have Brembo four-piston front brake calipers and 14-inch vented rotors.

Everything new to this year�s Shelby was added to produce more. More sky with an optional glass roof. More power. More speed. And plenty more to brag about. Although, for those who actually think they can handle one in their driveway, talking won�t be the major focus.

It's what is said every year. 2010 was no different but there are 2010 GT500s all over dealer lots and ebay right now. 3,000 - 5,000 units is limited but it's also what the market can bear. Any more and they would have to give them away. They're just trying to drum up the buzz and give the dealers leverage.

It's what is said every year. 2010 was no different but there are 2010 GT500s all over dealer lots and ebay right now. 3,000 - 5,000 units is limited but it's also what the market can bear. Any more and they would have to give them away. They're just trying to drum up the buzz and give the dealers leverage.

Ford wants to sell cars period. If the market will bear 3000 cars they will build 3000. If it is 5000, they will build 5000.

"LIMITED PRODUCTION" is a "BS" sales term when you consider they will produce

more than the demand calls for...............

It would be a CORRECT term if they produced less than the demand calls for...........

Are you paying attention "SVT"??????????????? :hysterical:

This is definitely déjà vu. Same thing that started up last year when I first was looking around for a Shelby GT500. If I ever have to buy a Shelby or such again, I won't be a bit concerned with the whole "limited" production rhetoric. Just something that dealers use to scare the uneducated buyer and sometimes the unsuspecting forum reader.

Reading the actual article, I don't think that little phrase would have even registered as something that would make me think twice. Of course the production is "limited"...pretty sure they're not going to build 50,000 of them. But I guess you could say that all mustang trim levels are limited then.

I dont have a 2011 GT500 on order like I thought I would because the deal I was going to do, fell through after they called me back and told me they want less for my trade because Ford told them only will get one GT500 this year and it is going to be built in super low volumes.

I just laughed and told them how I fell for it once in 07 and well here we are still building nearly 10k a year for 5 years.

Limited? Ya its limited by how many buyers there are lol

So now I decided to wait until they are all over the lots and begging me to go in there and buy one.

Considering a I like black and one with the SVT Package which I bet will be ordered on most of the cars, finding one should not be hard!

I dont have a 2011 GT500 on order like I thought I would because the deal I was going to do, fell through after they called me back and told me they want less for my trade because Ford told them only will get one GT500 this year and it is going to be built in super low volumes.

I just laughed and told them how I fell for it once in 07 and well here we are still building nearly 10k a year for 5 years.

Limited? Ya its limited by how many buyers there are lol

So now I decided to wait until they are all over the lots and begging me to go in there and buy one.

Considering a I like black and one with the SVT Package which I bet will be ordered on most of the cars, finding one should not be hard!

According to ford they only expect to build 25% of GT500 with the SVT package, so that might make it a bit limited!

According to ford they only expect to build 25% of GT500 with the SVT package, so that might make it a bit limited!

Ford can produce more 50 some thousand dollar Mustangs than the public will ever consume. It is how many will sell not how many can be built. The '08s needed invoice pricing coupled with a $3,000 factory incentive to clear them all. That was in a market less saturated than the current envionment. The "limit" here is how many will sell!

Archived