TEAM SHELBY FORUM

production date question

hrtatack1

i have no idea when my car was produced. is there a way of decoding through the vin?

is there a way to find out?

not imperative....i just find it interesting that a lot of you guys know the whens and wheres of your car before you got them.

If your dealer kept the paperwork, he could find out the exact day it was bucked and released from plant. You do have the month on your door piller sticker.

i have no idea when my car was produced. is there a way of decoding through the vin?

is there a way to find out?

not imperative....i just find it interesting that a lot of you guys know the whens and wheres of your car before you got them.

No way of decoding the VIN. If you need the month/year, I think it's on the door placard. If you want the exact day, then it takes an insider....which some of us have access to. :happy feet:

My dealer had it in the glove box for me. befor my car was done I asked if there was any way he could get me as much info on my car as possible through his rep and he came through. I will post pictures as soon as I can. the sheet also shows where they had deficiencies and corrected them. It's a pretty cool piece to have.

Your build sheet is hidden in your car somewhere. Probably under the back seat. Someone once said that it is in the rear bumper. I've had the rear bumper off, and it is not in there.

One clue that you can get off of your sticker is that there is a date on your sticker which corresponds to the date when your car was "blended". Which means the date that your car received its production date. An estimate would be 2-3 weeks from your blended date. Unless there was a factory holiday (such as the two week July 4th break) inbetween....

Call the FORD hot line number - they can tell you the build date. Have your VIN ready when you call.

Build date for a Shelby is sorta hard to define. It spans more than a week. If you mean the date it started down the Flat Rock Assymbly plant, that date is on your MSO and recorded by Ford. If you mean the date the stripe shop completed the stripes and installed the last components making the car ready for shipping, that is only recorded on a document labeled "Vehicle Inventory and Processing System - Work Order" It shows the parts installed and the date released back to Ford for shipping. Mine was in the car when received at the dealer. Sitting on the passenger seat with some other paperwork from the shipper. For mine, the dates are different by about 2 weeks.

Archived