TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions regarding Supercharger Install

I got a question for the guys who have installed a Whipple Supercharger. When I remove my stock supercharger, I suppose that I'm going to ruin the gasket that seals it to the intake, right? So, I'm also assuming that I'm going to have to "re-do" the gasket with a new one and some gasket sealer, right? Also, does the supercharger come with a new gasket? What kind of gasket sealer should I use? Any special considerations? Any advice or expertise you can tell me about? Any information will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

I got a question for the guys who have installed a Whipple Supercharger. When I remove my stock supercharger, I suppose that I'm going to ruin the gasket that seals it to the intake, right? So, I'm also assuming that I'm going to have to "re-do" the gasket with a new one and some gasket sealer, right? Also, does the supercharger come with a new gasket? What kind of gasket sealer should I use? Any special considerations? Any advice or expertise you can tell me about? Any information will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

The seal between the supercharger and intake is a rubber re-usable gasket. You won't need to replace it but you will need to use some

silicone on the Whipple because there are a few places where the mounting bolts intersect with the stock rubber gasket. It's not a problem

(ours sealed and never leaked) but there have been a few threads on here talking about that issue. All your questions will be answered in the intruction manual. Which kit are you getting?

Jake

Project321

The seal between the supercharger and intake is a rubber re-usable gasket. You won't need to replace it but you will need to use some

silicone on the Whipple because there are a few places where the mounting bolts intersect with the stock rubber gasket. It's not a problem

(ours sealed and never leaked) but there have been a few threads on here talking about that issue. All your questions will be answered in the intruction manual. Which kit are you getting?

Jake

Project321

I'm getting the 2.9L Polished.

Archived