TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN FOR A VEHICLE

I don't know if any KR owners here have a copy of the original "Certificate of Origin"?

I'm hoping a KR owner would be willing to post a pix.

What I know, these are provided to the dealerships so the car can be titled. Sometimes these are provided before a car is ever in dealership possession, I had a copy of mine before my car arrived.

I also know our cars are either pre-title or a post title Shelby and it's either a Shelby or it's not. Here is a pix of a few details on mine. Notice it's weight and body type. I'm hoping a KR owner can take a pix of the same part of the C of O for a KR. What's good about this is that it is what it is and not a State's interpretation "Title".

post-5223-126788737074_thumb.jpg

post-5223-126788737074_thumb.jpg

I have my copy but I dont have a picture, but it is identical to yours other than the numbers- KR #53

I have to ask, how did you acquire this certificate? The only one I have for my KR is the "SVT Certificate".

Would the only one to have this be the dealership? My bet is, if you catch them in time, they give you a copy, and not the original document?

I only know of one way to get a copy of the Cof O, you have to tell the dealer you need a copy for the car's records before they send it to the State for Title.

Edit: The Certificate of Origin comes from Ford in our case. For KR owners that don't have it, I would contact SA to see if they have a copy.

I don't know if any KR owners here have a copy of the original "Certificate of Origin"?

I'm hoping a KR owner would be willing to post a pix.

What I know, these are provided to the dealerships so the car can be titled. Sometimes these are provided before a car is ever in dealership possession, I had a copy of mine before my car arrived.

I also know our cars are either pre-title or a post title Shelby and it's either a Shelby or it's not. Here is a pix of a few details on mine. Notice it's weight and body type. I'm hoping a KR owner can take a pix of the same part of the C of O for a KR. What's good about this is that it is what it is and not a State's interpretation "Title".

I also have a copy of my Certificate of Origin.

CertificateofOrgin001.jpg

...and my car is titled as a Shelby....so I guess it's real. :hysterical:

CertificateofOrgin009.jpg

I also have a copy of my Certificate of Origin.

CertificateofOrgin001.jpg

...and my car is titled as a Shelby....so I guess it's real. :hysterical:

CertificateofOrgin009.jpg

I have seen a few different interpretations of "Title". The C of O is the bottom line IMO. My ttle says

"Mustang Shelby G", not sure why IL adds the G?

Rob, our C of O's are different, by more than a few numbers here and there, very interesting.

Edit: Changes are: a) Different Finance Source and related information.

B) Mine says "Certified For Sale in Califonia" in the middle of page.

c) Mine doesn't have a Bar Code.

I have to ask, how did you acquire this certificate? The only one I have for my KR is the "SVT Certificate".

Would the only one to have this be the dealership? My bet is, if you catch them in time, they give you a copy, and not the original document?

I dont have the SVT Certificate as a (very) early buyer, i wonder if ford provided one to my dealer?

Archived