TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who locked this thread and why??

stripes :headscratch:

I locked the thread.

We have a pinned thread for that topic, which I provided to the poster, which was created so we owners could keep all stripe related issues, experiences and solutions in one place for everyone to reference and not waste time searching through many different threads as once was the case.

Do you have a stripe related question? If so maybe I can help.

I locked the thread.

We have a pinned thread for that topic, which I provided to the poster, which was created so we owners could keep all stripe related issues, experiences and solutions in one place for everyone to reference and not waste time searching through many different threads as once was the case.

Do you have a stripe related question? If so maybe I can help.

First of all, the OP never asked about the stripe warranty. Your links directed them to stripe warranty issues.Secondly, I don't see where they broke any rules to have their thread locked.

Aren't we free to start and discuss topics without moderator interference as long as we follow the rules?

So what if the post was redundant (which I don't believe it was); there are numerous redundant threads on the forum.

If you had chosen to move the thread, then I wouldn't have a problem. Closing the thread is just plain wrong. Especially without any explanation; unless of course you own the forum. Then you are free to do as you please.

As far as your pinned threads; who wants to read through pages and pages for what may be a simple answer? For instance, the hood scoop thread. It has 37 pages... Who wants to read through 37 pages? If you want to be constructive, go through the pinned threads and clean them up a bit. Remove the posts which are not relevant to the topic; there are plenty of them.

Anybody agree with me?

First of all, the OP never asked about the stripe warranty. Your links directed them to stripe warranty issues.Secondly, I don't see where they broke any rules to have their thread locked.

Aren't we free to start and discuss topics without moderator interference as long as we follow the rules?

So what if the post was redundant (which I don't believe it was); there are numerous redundant threads on the forum.

If you had chosen to move the thread, then I wouldn't have a problem. Closing the thread is just plain wrong. Especially without any explanation; unless of course you own the forum. Then you are free to do as you please.

As far as your pinned threads; who wants to read through pages and pages for what may be a simple answer? For instance, the hood scoop thread. It has 37 pages... Who wants to read through 37 pages? If you want to be constructive, go through the pinned threads and clean them up a bit. Remove the posts which are not relevant to the topic; there are plenty of them.

Anybody agree with me?

What....You don't have time to read thru the 37 pages? :hysterical:

...and yes I agree with you.

Im not looking to rail on you Jeff, but personally, sometimes old threads become stale, and while it may seem the topics are the same, after a certain time, the information is out of date and doesnt apply any more. Plus, most the people here simply ignore stale threads...

Then there is the fact that people dont always look or answer the stickys....I bet 25% of our members have different wheels and tires than the stock, and we go long stretches without any input on that thread...for example. That sticky, and most others, are useless

Man, 90% of these threads are all the same thing...who cares if there is one more thread on stripes?

The one thing that will keep me coming back to Team Shelby forever is 8,000 seperate threads on stripes, or tires, or hood scoops. What we need here is a more disorganized system.

When I have a problem and need an answer the last thing I want is to be able to look in a SINGLE place for it! poke.gif

You GM people go back to your own websites and stop trying to screw ours up! hysterical.gif

In all seriousness, Jeff is just trying to keep the place a little neater. He didn't delete the thread. Thats when the real problems start. People start getting all paranoid because their post got deleted, even when it didnt have anything to do with the theme.

In cyberworld you just cant please all the people all the time (or any of the time, sometimes nonono.gif )

Anybody agree with me?

Bob,

I don't "own" anything all I try to do, the best I can hope to do, for all owners is a focus on a few VERY basic things:

1. Keep things civil and within the rules

2. Keep things orderly and easy to find

3. Provide an avenue for other owners the information they need quickly and easily.

4. Help and/or answer questions when ever and where ever I can.

You used the example of the "hood scoop thread" which is a great one the thread you used to get your scoop answers back in April of 2009. For example when you asked where you could get your stripes and scoop done in the Chicagoland area, and I responded, it's the place you can scroll though and I think pretty easily find the gold. The only difference opening things would be a need to look through 100+ threads and not one.

I would ask you to look at the first post in that scoop thread where I list but a few of the existing threads at that time. Back in 2007/08 people complained that they couldn't get information, or that threads were being deleted when they went back to reference something. The truth was that there were so many hood scoop threads no one knew what was where or what bit of information was in what thread.

Other owners, who want to help, where being asked or felt the need, to answer the same questions over and over and over again. Back then, or today, if you had offered any help or advice to other owners on the scoops or stripes, you would have found that often you had to answer the same stripe and hood scoop questions over and over. If you had tried to help others you would find that you had to spend sometimes 30-45 min searching through different threads so you could direct them to the right info all the while hoping you didn't miss something.

In the old days some owners got good info, because they found the right thread, while others were not so fortunate and didn't benefit from that shared knowledge or the efforts of others. At one point almost every other thread was an new hood scoop thread,and that's not an exaggeration as you can see from post #1.

To overcome these issues, two years ago, I consolidated and made two pinned threads for the two MAJOR areas of concern for the car. The intent then, and now, was to provide a central place to find and mine the experiences of others. There is some great info from 2008, 2009, and great contributions continue even today. Some important threads, experiences, and information that would be long gone unless someone was VERY good with the search tool and my experience it's the new users, the users that won't have that level of savvy, that need this info the most so they are the two, and THE ONLY TWO, threads that I police and direct people to on an exclusive basis.

You talk about "simple answers" but in my experience, and the experience outlined in those 37 pages, would tell you, there none for these issues. There are options, there are hints, tips, tricks, and nuances that can provide a great or not so great result.

All this said, if you guys don't see the value, or have the desire to keep it all together, I'm happy to change it! If the collective feeling is that we should open it up now that's fine, but again this was my intention, and I think these two issues are so important to the overall ownership experience and enjoyment of the car, they deserved special handling.

IMHO! But again I don't "own" anything I'm just a caretaker!

I moved this thread to the SGT discussion area for all to read since it's really an SGT area issue.

So ok, I read the replies and if you guys want me to leave scoop and stripe threads alone I am happy to do that going forward! We had this discussion I thought year or so ago and the general consensus was to keep them centralized and refer people to these threads for the best info so I just continued on.

So Bob K I will open that thread back up and you can feel free to answer the owners questions and help as you think best! I honestly would love nothing better than to stop policing these threads, and answering the questions, so I'm cool with it and thank you for caring enough to raise the issue.

Jeff, I don't have a problem with the stickies or directing people to them. I think stickies are great, provided that the info they contain is current and easy to get to relevant info.; otherwise they become just as troublesome as having a hundred separate threads on the same subject. My issue stems from the fact that the thread was locked for no valid reason. It was nice of you to direct the OP to the threads relating to the warranty, but what if this isn't a warranty issue; you didn't give the OP a chance to come back with a reply. If it was a warranty issue, the thread probably would have died on its own anyway. So why lock it?

That being said, I still think it would be a good idea to clean up the stickies a bit....it takes a long time to read through 37 pages!

Maybe it is like the guy that was punked everyday in school and then became a cop .....well you all know the rest of the story. :)

hey sweddy where you been everything ok, I missed you!!! and yes that was me bully and got my night stick

Stripes are stripes are stripes.

Warranty issue or not, the stripes are going to come from the same place. Its not like non-warranty stripes are being made or sold buy a seperate company. All the stripes come from the same mfg. If you go thru Shelby to get warranty stripes, you go thru Shelby to get non-warranty stripes.

I think your focusing on the small issue (warranty vs. non-warranty) instead of the bigger picture - stripes.

JMO

Stripes are stripes are stripes.

Warranty issue or not, the stripes are going to come from the same place. Its not like non-warranty stripes are being made or sold buy a seperate company. All the stripes come from the same mfg. If you go thru Shelby to get warranty stripes, you go thru Shelby to get non-warranty stripes.

I think your focusing on the small issue (warranty vs. non-warranty) instead of the bigger picture - stripes.

JMO

sorry Sean....wrong again...... :hysterical: .....warranty or non warranty makes a big difference. Many here, once turned down for warranty, have opted to buy stripes from different vendors or have them painted or...

as we would learn if new threads were left alone, perhaps in new places....

JMO..........

Archived