TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon fiber mirror covers like the 40th.

Tucker

Were gauging interest in carbon fiber mirror covers like the ones on the 40th anniversary Shelby GT500.

We produced a of couple proto types and fit and finish are great, but wanted to check interest before we make a large run of these.

They are real carbon fiber panels that fit perfect in the factory recess in the side mirrors. They come with a cleaning pad and 3M ultra thin double side tape. The same way most all mirror covers are applied.

Pricing will be in the $89. range with free shipping. If interest is good we can have some in the next couple weeks.

We can also paint them the color of the car like we do the intakes.

Give me your thoughts,

Thanks

Jay

post-7689-1168786402_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1168786412_thumb.jpg

Were gauging interest in carbon fiber mirror covers like the ones on the 40th anniversary Shelby GT500.

We produced a of couple proto types and fit and finish are great, but wanted to check interest before we make a large run of these.

They are real carbon fiber panels that fit perfect in the factory recess in the side mirrors. They come with a cleaning pad and 3M ultra thin double side tape. The same way most all mirror covers are applied.

Pricing will be in the $89. range with free shipping. If interest is good we can have some in the next couple weeks.

Give me your thoughts,

Thanks

Jay

Jay, I'm not into the carbon fiber look, but it's great that you're making things for the cars...keep it up.

Dave

Give me your thoughts,

Thanks

Jay

They look great, but I hope SAI doesn’t have a patent or patent pending already filed for these since they appeared to have them out 1st. :shrug: If they do you will be hearing from Amy & the legal team and they might look something like this :rant: .

Considering there are 3 or so other companies with them, most before SAI came out with theirs, were safe.

We may look into the splitter or as SCGT500 and I discussed a splitter cover. This way it wouldn't be so brittle and still get you the CF look for much less.

Considering there are 3 or so other companies with them, most before SAI came out with theirs, were safe.

We may look into the splitter or as SCGT500 and I discussed a splitter cover. This way it wouldn't be so brittle and still get you the CF look for much less.

So carbon fiber is brittle???

If that is the case and the splitter is so close to the ground it sounds like a bad idea.

What about covers for the side skirts and rear air diffuser Jay???

KingCobra.

So carbon fiber is brittle???

If that is the case, then with the front air splitter so close to the ground, it sounds like a bad idea.

What about the covers for the side skirts and rear diffuser Jay???

KingCobra.

Nice work, Love'em.

What other parts can you make Carbon Fiber. I was looking for the front splitter, Side skirts, trunk lid and rear diffuser. I was also hoping that some one would make quarter window vents. Not stick on covers, but the real thing (removal of the glass required).

I like 'em. But agree with others on this thread that what I would REALLY like to see is a CF rear diffuser more aligned with the Ford GT Supercar. Shelby automotive already is going to release the front splitter, but no one is talking about the, in my opinion, cheesy looking plastic diffuser our Shelby's come with. Perhaps it's an entire rear fascia assembly that would need to be developed? Don't know, but I'll be the first in line for it as long as it's functional.

Regards,

FordGeek (Joseph)

I like 'em. But agree with others on this thread that what I would REALLY like to see is a CF rear diffuser more aligned with the Ford GT Supercar. Shelby automotive already is going to release the front splitter, but no one is talking about the, in my opinion, cheesy looking plastic diffuser our Shelby's come with. Perhaps it's an entire rear fascia assembly that would need to be developed? Don't know, but I'll be the first in line for it as long as it's functional.

Regards,

FordGeek (Joseph)

Hi FordGeek, I posted a few days back asking the guys where you were, as you seemed to have disappeared. How's the mods working out for you on your Shelby? To my knowledge, you were the first one to mod your Shelby and posted it. Come around more often, FordGeek, we need your input. Thanks and Good Luck. :hyper:

Give me your thoughts,

Thanks

Jay

I'm not a huge fan of these but have a black vert and would actually like to see what a brushed alum. cover would look like. Maybe one of the photoshop guys could simulate that?

Are you looking at possibly offering the front air splitter too???

I think making all of the bottom flat black trim in carbon fiber would be cool.

What do you think of that Jay???

KingCobra.

Still hoping you are still out there Jay.

Any thoughts about making cf covers for all of the black trim???

KingCobra.

Still hoping you are still out there Jay.

Any thoughts about making cf covers for all of the black trim???

KingCobra.

Still here.

Right now were working on using CF on the rest of our CAI line and some other parts. We are doing the mirror covers for sure. We hope to have some in the next week or 2 and will post them in our forum.

As for other parts, were always thinking. Problem is CF parts take a long like to design, mold, make, test fit and mass produce.

I was thinking about more under hood and doing the rad support cover in CF. This would help tie in the intake.

We will look into all suggerstions.

Thanks

Jay

Still here.

Right now were working on using CF on the rest of our CAI line and some other parts. We are doing the mirror covers for sure. We hope to have some in the next week or 2 and will post them in our forum.

As for other parts, were always thinking. Problem is CF parts take a long like to design, mold, make, test fit and mass produce.

I was thinking about more under hood and doing the rad support cover in CF. This would help tie in the intake.

We will look into all suggerstions.

Thanks

Jay

The rad support cover would deffinately be cool!!! Please let me know!!!

KingCobra.

Archived