TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much does the KR weigh ?

How much do these cars weigh? My registration says "3767 Lbs"

I need to get it on a truck scale and get an official weight.

I just got the shipping papers from the import of my KR to Switzerland. And there is written that the KR has a weight of 3540 lbs.

And I had to pay 4 Swiss Francs for each 100 kg (220.5 lbs) :o

Hello Gang - My registration says gross vehicle wieght of 3700 lbs. :shift:

DaShelby

How much do these cars weigh? My registration says "3767 Lbs"

I've seen #s right around there or slightly less. Please post the actual weight of your KR if you can get it on a truck scale. 3,700 lbs for an optioned pony car is not bad at all. This is almost a light weitght compared to the Challenger and Camaro!

I've seen #s right around there or slightly less. Please post the actual weight of your KR if you can get it on a truck scale. 3,700 lbs for an optioned pony car is not bad at all. This is almost a light weitght compared to the Challenger and Camaro!

I'll try to get it weighed with 1/4 tank of gas, or less.

This is really interesting since the KR was criticized and the GT500 criticized in the press (Edmunds mostly with Car & Driver not far behind) for being "heavy". At 3700 lbs the car is actually not heavy at all.

I was perplexed why the press kept making the point about the Mustang's weight yet didn't really complain at all about the Camaro or the Challenger which are just as heavy or heavier. I thought that was BS.

What gives with that? :blink:

This is really interesting since the KR was criticized and the GT500 criticized in the press (Edmunds mostly with Car & Driver not far behind) for being "heavy". At 3700 lbs the car is actually not heavy at all.

I was perplexed why the press kept making the point about the Mustang's weight yet didn't really complain at all about the Camaro or the Challenger which are just as heavy or heavier. I thought that was BS.

What gives with that? blink.gif

The press doesn't ever complain about the GTR's weight either, and its about 3950lbs

One of the few items I still have left from my racing days is my set of Rebco scales. I can weigh all four corners independantly and plan to once the weather out here in CO gets a little better.

My car is a 2010 so I don't know if it will help you with a KR or not. There is a guy on our local Shelby Breakfast Club site (as well as here on TS) who has a KR so maybe I can get "Uncle Ron" over to my house to weigh his KR.

I want to do it more for the front/rear weight bias than total or cross weight. More curious than anything else.

I"ve used truck scales before and you can get a front to rear weight check pretty easy. I just drive it up until the front wheels are on the scale pad, note the weight, roll up until all 4 wheels are on the pad and get the total weight. You can check rear wheel weight too but no need since all you have to do is subtract the Fr. number from the total to get the rear weight. Oh, and I've also removed *me* from the scale to see what the weight bias *change* is with and without driver.

You'd be amazed at what 200-220 pounds does when put in one particular spot on the chassis (fixed, as in the drivers seat).

When I do finally dig out my scales and put the car on it, I'll post it here on TS in the 2010 GT500 area for all to view.

BTW, if you can find a moving company that will let you use their scales they are typically more accurate because they charge *money* for weight and they have to be certified by the Dept. of Weights and Measures in order to use them to charge money with.

Truck scales (like they use along the freeway?) are *fairly* accurate but when you're only talking about a total of <3900 pounds, 200 pounds can make a big difference. And 200 pounds is not outside the realm of varience for a set of truck scales. I've seen 400 lbs off on a truck scale.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Phil,

Thanks for the advice. You need to post your results HERE in this thread !!

As for the truck scale, I was thinking of the scale they use at the dump where they charge you by the pound.

Archived