TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wonder how Shelby figures pricing for events

motorjock205

A little over $600 for two people who don't want to participate in Track Days seems awfully high for a drive in movie for 2, a car show, and a cruise through the country side...I'm sure that might include a couple of meals, but still, that's pretty stiff...Yet once again, Shelby has priced me out of attending an event in my own area for the second year in a row...of course, being unemployed for a year hasn't helped the situation, but still it seems pretty high to me...Just my $.02 worth...Wishing we could attend....AGAIN...

A little over $600 for two people who don't want to participate in Track Days seems awfully high for a drive in movie for 2, a car show, and a cruise through the country side...I'm sure that might include a couple of meals, but still, that's pretty stiff...Yet once again, Shelby has priced me out of attending an event in my own area for the second year in a row...of course, being unemployed for a year hasn't helped the situation, but still it seems pretty high to me...Just my $.02 worth...Wishing we could attend....AGAIN...

I'm not sure what you consider the right price but my solution would be to get that bad boy on the track! :peelout:

I did both days in Vegas and I can't imagine attending without doing the track thing.

+1000.....Especially when Mid-America for 4 days of unlimited access to all events as a spectator for 2 plus banquet tickets for 2 plus a car show registration (which use to be free) and a vendor pass all for $240.00. Mid-America is still THE best event in the country. This is in my own backyard almost and I don't know of very many local members of the Local Shelby club can afford an event this expensive.

$600 is too much. Sorry to here about this. A lot of stuff is expensive these days, especially with Shelby stuff. Maybe you can write Carroll and he will use your tickets as a tax write off at the end of the year.

If I understood right, SA did not make money on the bash. Not saying its cheap but, I think your being a bit harsh

I guess it's all perspective, but he's coming off no more harsher than you!

It's priced what he thinks it should be because most fans will pay it (and have the money). Sounds like one heck of a good time. Enjoy yourself! I'll go to Vegas next year for the Shelby event and can't wait. Try to go to at least one! This year I'll start off racing at Lime Rock track day.

+1000.....Especially when Mid-America for 4 days of unlimited access to all events as a spectator for 2 plus banquet tickets for 2 plus a car show registration (which use to be free) and a vendor pass all for $240.00. Mid-America is still THE best event in the country. This is in my own backyard almost and I don't know of very many local members of the Local Shelby club can afford an event this expensive.

I tink you will see that this is run by the Mid-America group

A two day track session at Summit Point WV sponsored by SCCA costs $250, and that's all you get. The workers are for the most part volunteers. The Shelby event is 3 days long, and I'm guessing that the Shelby Auto personnel are paid for those three days. I'm guessing that is where the big difference in cost is. I don't think the price is so bad; what bothers me is that all these events are out west and therefore I can never do them!!

It's probably priced to keep the Numbers down. Imagine how many people would be there if it was only $100.00 per person. You would not get much time on the Track and the place will be packed with people, and the Cruise would take forever, etc..............think about it.

I will be attending and flying in Sarah and Savannah. I am really happy that they have an option to add children under 10 for $60 (Savannah will be hustling me for my goody bag, I wish they would add an option to get a goody bag for children also) Robert you know kids always want something..........

I feel the price is very fair and am happy that the event is only 950 miles from my house in MN.

Terlingua 08 was awesome but the drive was 1400 miles so I am grateful that this event is closer to most of the country.

Motorjock if you decide to go I bet it will be an event that you will never forget.

I understand the higher price if you want track time, but two days worth of track time is only $150 more than the two days of events....and like I said, a drive-in movie is only $8 a head out here in West Texas, the car show fee is only about $40 per car normally, and the cruise in the country side shure isn't worth over $500 down there...I know, I used to live in that area...there are some fun roads, but they are also very dangerous because people get distracted and run off of the road or cross the center line and have accidents...

I hope a bunch of people get to enjoy this, but like I said, this is two years in a row that this stuff has been in my own area, and because of such high prices, I can't attend something that would really mean a lot to me...I just think it's sad that it gets priced so high...

Carl

Wondering if pure spectators will be allowed to purchase a ticket just to watch without participating? I will say if the Mid-America Team is involved it will be a 1st class event for sure. Everything at Mid America runs like a well greased clock and has for the last 10 plus years I have attended.

I don't think the price is so bad; what bothers me is that all these events are out west and therefore I can never do them!!

I couldn't agree more,

Vegas Bash 2400+ miles one way

Mid-America 1300+ miles one way

Texas Shelby 350 1300+ miles one way

When is TS going to put on a official event on the east coast with all its great facilities? My guess is never! And don't count the time when Sharon and Robert came to VIR in 2008 as a vendor at the SCMC HPDE event either. They had the tractor trailer with a couple of cars and a parts table for a few hours, not the same type of event.

I was talking with a friend of mine from TN, and he was telling me about a fun road out in the mountains they call the Dragon's Tail because it has many many turns....I was thinking maybe we could all get together and run that one day in the next year or two? Would anyone back east be interested in something like that? Maybe we could throw that together. I do have some experience in setting up a "non-event" event such as this...

I was talking with a friend of mine from TN, and he was telling me about a fun road out in the mountains they call the Dragon's Tail because it has many many turns....I was thinking maybe we could all get together and run that one day in the next year or two? Would anyone back east be interested in something like that? Maybe we could throw that together. I do have some experience in setting up a "non-event" event such as this...

It's US129 (318 turns in 11 miles) and I've been there a couple of times, its a blast, just don't get caught in TN, you could loose your ride. http://www.tailofthedragon.com. You might want to wait until it warms up some here before planning something.

The SVT Cobra Mustang Club already has an event planned for April 24th; http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17504

I can only begin to imagine what it costs to put on an event like this, but it can't be cheap. The staff and any special guests (CS maybe?) will need transportation, rooms, and food, rental of the hotel conference rooms, cost of the caterers for the banquet. And probably a lot more. And I assume that there are a relatively limited number of tickets so the cost will need to be shared by fewer people. The cost seems to be in line with the Vegas Bash.

With all that said, I'm pumped that there is an event this close to where I live and I will definitely be there!!! If the Texas Shelby 350 is half as good as everything I have read about the Bash, Terlinqua, etc. my wife and I are going to have an awesome time! Thanks to the folks that are making this event a reality! :happy feet:

I guess it's all perspective, but he's coming off no more harsher than you!

Probably a wrong choice of words. The point being, to rent facilities is not cheap. You cant assume that anyone is makeing a ton of money just because its not cheap. I understand the disappointment. I too am unemployed and have been for a year.

A two day track session at Summit Point WV sponsored by SCCA costs $250, and that's all you get. The workers are for the most part volunteers. The Shelby event is 3 days long, and I'm guessing that the Shelby Auto personnel are paid for those three days. I'm guessing that is where the big difference in cost is. I don't think the price is so bad; what bothers me is that all these events are out west and therefore I can never do them!!

Hopefully, that will be rectified soon!

This event is being organized and run by Mid America. They set the prices, not Shelby and certainly not Carroll himself (as someone suggested). Mid America is also running the Vegas Bash events now as well.

It will be a great event and I can only assume it will be first class all the way.

Carl, another way to look at it is that for only $109 more you get two days of track time! shift.gif

The thing I don't get is that it is Thursday and Friday at the track, Then Saturday is not real exciting (car show, lunch) then the banquet is Saturday night. Would have been better to have track days on Fri & Sat or Sat & Sun. Especially since Monday is a holiday. Its a three day weekend and everything is over on Saturday? At the least I'd have had the banquet on Friday night.

It does look like you might get food on Thursday night and definately on Saturday night. Also maybe lunch on Saturday???

This event is being organized and run by Mid America. They set the prices, not Shelby and certainly not Carroll himself (as someone suggested). Mid America is also running the Vegas Bash events now as well.

It will be a great event and I can only assume it will be first class all the way.

Carl, another way to look at it is that for only $109 more you get two days of track time! shift.gif

The thing I don't get is that it is Thursday and Friday at the track, Then Saturday is not real exciting (car show, lunch) then the banquet is Saturday night. Would have been better to have track days on Fri & Sat or Sat & Sun. Especially since Monday is a holiday. Its a three day weekend and everything is over on Saturday? At the least I'd have had the banquet on Friday night.

It does look like you might get food on Thursday night and definately on Saturday night. Also maybe lunch on Saturday???

Well, first of all, I don't want to tear my car up since it is my daily driver...can't afford to fix it if I screw it up, so no sense in even considering putting it on any kind of track right now...$109 for two track days is one heck of a bargain...It is sad that everything else is so expensive, but the $600 plus does NOT include the hotel from what I can see, so that is even more expense....I've been to Granbury, TX., and it ain't VEGAS for sure!!! Not even close! Like I said, Drive-In movie for 2 = $16.00....car show entry = $40.00, couple of meals = 100.00 at the most down there....I just don't see such a high fee, no matter WHO is putting it on or WHO MIGHT show up...

Sooooo, For sure, I won't be there AGAIN this year....it would be nice if Mid America, Shelby, or whoever would not assume that just because someone buys a Shelby, they are LOADED....cause not all of us are!!!

Those of you going, enjoy...maybe I'll set something up some day and charge you guys and gals an arm and a leg for hot dogs and sodas.....LOL JK :peelout:

I'm in...happy%20feet.gif

As long as it isn't in September or October! :shift:

I just bought my tickets for me and my family over the weekend.

I saved $15 bucks by buying two seperate packages. I guess you only get one gift bag if you buy a package for two and you can buy another gift bag for an additional $60. So I bought a one person track event and added my 4 year old daughter for an additional $75 and an additonal $60 for a goody bag for her and then I bought Sarah a ticket without track package and I was able to save $15 by doing this. I know $15 is not much but I figured it was a way to make myself feel like a got a bargain and that way all three of us get a goody bag. I just hope the goody bag has a LARGE GT350 car in it. The Vegas 2010 bash goody bag was kinda chinsy.

I bought two plane tickets for Sarah and Savannah for only $377.00 each I plan on driving my truck down and hauling the car on a trailer that way Sarah and Savannah can go shopping or whatever they want to do for the two days while I am at the track.

This also gives me an extra ticket for the car show and the cruize so if MotorJock does not want to spend the money for the event I will give you the two extra tickets I got for the cruize and car show for FREE

Archived