TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wonder how Shelby figures pricing for events

motorjock205

Patrick, I'd prefer you do a different event. But thats just me. hysterical.gif

I would love to meet up with you guys in Colorado. Dave and Bobbie Grattan said we could all stay at their place in Durango.

Yeah, we are in doubt. Big T or Granbury. We already have a 27 day vacation in summer and doing both in Oct would be another 10 days and we can't take the children as they do not have a vacation. We have a babysit problem for such a long time. Autumn vacation is mid Oct.

Well, first of all, I don't want to tear my car up since it is my daily driver...can't afford to fix it if I screw it up, so no sense in even considering putting it on any kind of track right now...$109 for two track days is one heck of a bargain...It is sad that everything else is so expensive, but the $600 plus does NOT include the hotel from what I can see, so that is even more expense....I've been to Granbury, TX., and it ain't VEGAS for sure!!! Not even close! Like I said, Drive-In movie for 2 = $16.00....car show entry = $40.00, couple of meals = 100.00 at the most down there....I just don't see such a high fee, no matter WHO is putting it on or WHO MIGHT show up...

Sooooo, For sure, I won't be there AGAIN this year....it would be nice if Mid America, Shelby, or whoever would not assume that just because someone buys a Shelby, they are LOADED....cause not all of us are!!!

Those of you going, enjoy...maybe I'll set something up some day and charge you guys and gals an arm and a leg for hot dogs and sodas.....LOL JK :peelout:

I'm not sure if I will be able to aford this as well, but if you change your mind you and the Miss would be welcome to stay with us. We have the room and I could make room in the garage for you as well.

J-

Is there a Texas Shelby 350 thread somewhere that says what Team Shelby approved vehicles are allowed to run? Just wondering if Saleens etc would be ok.

It would be awesome to have a Saleen to whoop on at the track. hysterical3.gif

Whoop, what was that? An S7 flying by your Shelby GT, Chad. hysterical.gif

I'm trying to sound like a Texan.

Dont forget the power of the Whipple 550 supercharger and now I bought the Shelby raidator and heat exchanger so I can keep it cool on the track. Next purchase is straight up race pads so I do not repeat what happened to me at Tulsa.

A little over $600 for two people who don't want to participate in Track Days seems awfully high for a drive in movie for 2, a car show, and a cruise through the country side...I'm sure that might include a couple of meals, but still, that's pretty stiff...Yet once again, Shelby has priced me out of attending an event in my own area for the second year in a row...of course, being unemployed for a year hasn't helped the situation, but still it seems pretty high to me...Just my $.02 worth...Wishing we could attend....AGAIN...

Carl,

Your car was made for the track. You are not going to hurt your car on the track, plus you know how to drive and I'm sure you can drive your car just as good or better than the squad car you used to drive. You can also run in the novice class, and I assure you that it is very safe. Track it, you know you wanna!

Chris

Archived