TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT lettering stolen at NAIAS

robertlane

So how much did you get for the lettering Robert? :hysterical2:

Do they think it was stolen enroute or at the show, or do you even have a clue?

I knew that was coming :finger:

We were there everyday during the press reviews and I am almost 100% certain that they were on the car. I think someone yanked them off during the switching of displays from the press to the public preview. I know they moved the white Shelby GT. :idea: Come to think about it, I wonder if someone got those too :ohsnap: I'll have to go back there and check.

Well, first you have to bring the construction workers, which are there all day and night a lot of quality brew. It's all part of the bribe. But it can't be just any brew mind you. It has to wear the Molson Canadian label. Less than a six pack will do it, but I bring the whole thing just for good measure.

Remember what happened to the Dodge Challenger last year?

Also, someone showed their pe'pe to one of the Ford people - twice :redcard:

If you're going to the 2007 NAIAS in Detroit, you'll notice that someone peeled the "S H E L B Y" lettering off of the decklid on the black car! :rant:

post-2-1168743588_thumb.jpg

post-2-1168743612_thumb.jpg

Is the lettering on the production Shelby GTs pin installed or stick-on. It looks like these were the stick-ons.

Mark

The tape must have been crappy. I know usually you need a razorblade and heat gun to get letters like that off. Plus there's no residue left on the car so they must have recleaned the car because there should be lots of adhesive left behind.

The tape must have been crappy. I know usually you need a razorblade and heat gun to get letters like that off. Plus there's no residue left on the car so they must have recleaned the car because there should be lots of adhesive left behind.

You only need a razor 7 heat gun if you care about the car you are taking it off of....why would that make the tape crappy?? :headscratch:

looking at the pictures I see no damage, or residue like someone was very careful removing them, if they weren't I'm sure the emblem itself is crap now, I have done this a few times so I know how easy it is to ruin that shelby emblem

Not sure if you know, these are all separate letters, unlike the GT 500's emblem. BTW, you would be surprised what you can buff out of clearcoat these days. And no, I did not take these either! :hysterical:

Not sure if you know, these are all separate letters, unlike the GT 500's emblem. BTW, you would be surprised what you can buff out of clearcoat these days. And no, I did not take these either! :hysterical:

Yes I know, I have done it a few times each letter is a pain because the chrome layer buckles up real easy and it's very had to make them right again.......... at least I think so :stats:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived