TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT Dealer/Service Recommendations

dgstang

I live in the NW Suburbs of Chicago (Crystal Lake area) and am looking for recommendations on which SVT service dealers are the best to deal with.

Anyone have any personal experience, good or bad, with the local dealers around me??? :headscratch:

From my understanding, there are no more SVT dealers. That ended in 2007. But do get some info on whatever dealership you plan on using for your GT500.

I live in the NW Suburbs of Chicago (Crystal Lake area) and am looking for recommendations on which SVT service dealers are the best to deal with.

Anyone have any personal experience, good or bad, with the local dealers around me??? :headscratch:

Don't just check on the dealer. If you are taking a GT 500 in try to meet the Tech that will work on the car. Check his or her experience doing whatever you need done to your Shelby. When we went in for TSB on clutch/trans/fly wheel he had one on the lift, a couple finished, another couple waiting. Talked to him. He had been to all of the GT 500 schools and been to one on the trans related TSB. Been back to him several times and always happy. Just got cats replaced. IMHO tech doing the work is at least as important as the dealership. Good Luck.

Hey, I live in Crystal Lake and get my GT500 serviced at Wickstrom Ford in Barrington. I bought my car from Schaumburg Ford and when I had to get a new wheel/tire, they let me go into the service area with the tech. I haven't had any serious work done by either one of them though.

Spring Hill Ford in East Dundee used to be a SVT Dealership so did Packey Webb Ford in Downers Grove..

Hope this helps,

Mike

Spring Hill is close to me.

Do you know of anyone who has had service done there?

Spring Hill is close to me.

Do you know of anyone who has had service done there?

dstang,

Sorry I don't know of anyone who has had work done at Spring Hill Ford. Back in the day Packey Webb did some minor work on my 01 SVT Cobra. I talked to a SVT Engineer back in 08 about the TSB on GT500 Clutches and he recommended Highland Park Ford to have the work done. So far I have not had to have the TSB fix so I don't have any first hand experience with them.

Mike

Archived