TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time for another episode of WTF were thet thinking??!!

And I quote " were gonna get on the straight away and see if we can bust this thing".

THAT'S THE DEALER I WANNA BUY FROM!!!!!! Winding a KR out to 140 MPH to see if he can "bust this thing". I bet if you call and enquire about it you'll be told it has never been drivin, only delivery miles. ;)

I think I'll look elsewhere.

QSS

Roger that - I perfer to break my new KR "my way" . Mine had 8 miles on it and I saw it drive out of the showroom, get prepped, and I drove her home.

Great video...glad it's not mine.

Happy Motoring

I don't have any first hand knowledge of what the "rules" are but I would have to think that both Ford and Shelby must have some published guidelines for how new cars are and are not to be treated before delivery. Someone should send the video links to Ford and Shelby for them to pursue corrective action. That car should possibly be flagged somehow and discounted or the dealer should be told to sell it as a "used" car with full disclosure to the buyer (i.e. the video). I'm sure no harm was done to the car but it sets a precident and will possibly lead to other dealers taking liberties with other special cars. Doesn't Ford have events for dealers to go to so they can drive and learn about some of the vehicles? Probably the next time they get a GT350 they'll sell it with the time slips that got at the local drag strip the day before so the new owner will know what his car is capable of. If someone is goint to beat on my car it better be me.

Agree with most of the points here...I do not believe there was any harm done to this car whatsoever. That said, would I want that to be my car? NO. It's sorta like your wife's dating history...you really want to be the first but in the event you aren't, you certainly don't want videos posted about it! :hysterical:

Archived