TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood pin replacement

I'd like to know if anyone has replaced the locking pin that goes through the pin that comes up through the hood on thier SGT.

The right side one on my SGT kept popping off while driving and then one night I lost it as it completely fell off the car while driving.

It is possible that I may have had a defective one since the left side never came loose while driving. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jessie

Send an email to Bud at Shelby American, and he should be able to get you a new set of lanyards and pins...I'm on my 3rd set of lanyards...the plastic cover keeps turning dark on mine even though it sits in the garage all the time...and I'm not in a humid environment out here in West Texas...

I'd like to know if anyone has replaced the locking pin that goes through the pin that comes up through the hood on thier SGT.

The right side one on my SGT kept popping off while driving and then one night I lost it as it completely fell off the car while driving.

It is possible that I may have had a defective one since the left side never came loose while driving. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jessie

If your car is still under warranty, you can file a claim with your local dealer using the information found here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/42709-shelby-gt-info-for-owners/

This is a known issue for some cars, including mine, and it's covered under warranty.

Thanks for the reply guys. I was actually wondering if anyone used any other kind of pin other than the one that originally

came with our cars.

LOWE'S has some pins that are thicker gauge; however, it would likely be difficult to get the lanyard on them. I bought a pair but haven't taken the time to install them. My OEM pins kept coming off too so I over bent the pin and reinserted the ends into the holes; that solved the problem. But yes, it was a pain so I can imagine the thicker ones will be very difficult if and when I get to them.

Well, since my lanyards have gotten dark, I may just try and get those replaced per Jeff's suggestion.

good luck !!

Did you try to adjust the pin height. I had to get a new set as well, but adjusted the pin height to make the pins a tad tighter in the post.

Yes I did call Bud and a new set was sent out to me at no charge.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Joe

Did you try to adjust the pin height. I had to get a new set as well, but adjusted the pin height to make the pins a tad tighter in the post.

Yes I did call Bud and a new set was sent out to me at no charge.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Joe

For others, more often than not it's the hood height and not the pin height. You can adjust the hood height using the black rubber bumper/stand-offs. Turn one way to go up, tighten, the other to move them down, more loose. SA adjusts these as needed but sometimes they move or are moved by someone that doesn't know causing the pins to slide around or difficult to slide in.

Just another thing to look at!

Archived