TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rail Car Number

jrichard

It could be this has already been covered.

I know some have said that Ford customer service can give out the rail car number and others have said the dealer can get it.

My dealer says the car is in transit but he doesn't know how to find the rail car number. Ford customer service only says ETA 1/22-1/29.

For those that have gotten the rail car number, how'd you get it?

Your dealer can get it online from the railroad. He needs to log in to their site and give his Dealer only password to access what has been shipped from Ford. He can then look up the VIN and see what rail car it has been assigned and track it from there. That is what I saw my Dealer do. Good luck!

Have your dealer get into the Ford CONCEPS program. Once in, he'll want menu 1 (vehicle orders), then menu 2 (status reports), then menu 4 (all cars). Once in, he enters the year (07), body line (05), body code (T88 for GT500 coupe or T89 for GT500 vert), then hit enter. All GT500's he has in the order banks will be listed with status for each and a railcar # will appear if the car is, indeed, assigned to one already.

I can't speak for all rail carriers, but out west we use BNSF railway (Burlington Northern Santa Fe) and their website is password protected since 9/11. Most of us dealers have an account to get in and track our railcars by entering the last eight digits of the car's VIN to trace the train's movement across the country and to get an ETA to the railhead (where they unload cars, and reload onto truck/trailers for final delivery).

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 13 2007, 09:31 PM) 88714[/snapback]

Have your dealer get into the Ford CONCEPS program. Once in, he'll want menu 1 (vehicle orders), then menu 2 (status reports), then menu 4 (all cars). Once in, he enters the year (07), body line (05), body code (T88 for GT500 coupe or T89 for GT500 vert), then hit enter. All GT500's he has in the order banks will be listed with status for each and a railcar # will appear if the car is, indeed, assigned to one already.

I can't speak for all rail carriers, but out west we use BNSF railway (Burlington Northern Santa Fe) and their website is password protected since 9/11. Most of us dealers have an account to get in and track our railcars by entering the last eight digits of the car's VIN to trace the train's movement across the country and to get an ETA to the railhead (where they unload cars, and reload onto truck/trailers for final delivery).

Thanks for the detailed info. My dealer seems very willing to get status reports, etc., but he has no idea how to find this information. I cut/paste your message and sent it to him.

Thanks again!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 13 2007, 09:31 PM) 88714[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thanks for the detailed info. My dealer seems very willing to get status reports, etc., but he has no idea how to find this information. I cut/paste your message and sent it to him.

Thanks again!

you can also get it from CS pretty easy if you know what to say and ask for. If you ask for the rail car number they do not have a clue

you can also get it from CS pretty easy if you know what to say and ask for. If you ask for the rail car number they do not have a clue

I'll bite: what do I say and ask for? I've asked CS for a rail car number and have been told they don't have that information. At one point, I was given a long code (ETTX907840) that a CSR said was in one of the status fields, but he had no idea what it meant.

How about that...

Here I've had it for a few days and didn't even know! Sometimes I'm better off than I think I am. That's what my wife tells me.

So, calling TTB or Fastbackman...can you help me by letting me know where my rail car is? My Vin is: 1ZVHT88S675286736

Thanks guys...sorry I was so slow to figure out that I already had the car number.

JR

Archived