TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking to get on a track

JSK

Check out the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) for your region. They should sponsor Open Track sessions (sometimes called High Speed Touring) for street cars. They also offer mentoring programs for driver development. I'm hoping to get involved with the Texas region when it's close to my location.

Check out the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) for your region. They should sponsor Open Track sessions (sometimes called High Speed Touring) for street cars. They also offer mentoring programs for driver development. I'm hoping to get involved with the Texas region when it's close to my location.

Thats what i was about to mention .. all sorts of classes .. thats where I run my dedicated track car.. in HDPE 3

Its a blast ... u can take your stock car .. and go in the slow track .. u have a in car instructor ... its a blast

dond

• 3 months later...
Thats what i was about to mention .. all sorts of classes .. thats where I run my dedicated track car.. in HDPE 3

Its a blast ... u can take your stock car .. and go in the slow track .. u have a in car instructor ... its a blast

dond

After looking into NASA and thair mentoring program for beginner track driving, I was also thinking about a racing/driving school.

WHat has been your experience?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
SCCA has a PDX event on December 1 at Barber Motersports park. Open to all. Check it out here:

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=2751

DECEMBER 1 SCCA PDX Event

ANY SCMC On Track Event will have instructors and more track time than any other group I've gone on track with. NASA does a decent job with their instruction (or used to, I haven't driven a NASA event in a couple years). Come vist the SVT Cobra Mustang Club at www.svtcobraclub.com for more information about on track events. The SCMC is running two events on the east coast this year one next weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park (CMP) and the SVT Cobra and Shebly GT500 Nationals at VIR (Virginia International Raceway).

Archived