TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Travesty

rice1680

HI

I was driving through Brighton,CO on the way the my friends birthday party. I remebered that Brighton Ford had a Silver GT500KR last time I was there about 10 months ago. So I stopped to see if it was still there. What I saw almost made me cry. From what I could tell it had been sitting outside since the last time I saw it. Even with it being SIlver I could see the dirt and streaks from where the snow had melted.How in the hell do you leave a 85K car sitting outside in the weather in Colorado for 10 months.

HI

I was driving through Brighton,CO on the way the my friends birthday party. I remebered that Brighton Ford had a Silver GT500KR last time I was there about 10 months ago. So I stopped to see if it was still there. What I saw almost made me cry. From what I could tell it had been sitting outside since the last time I saw it. Even with it being SIlver I could see the dirt and streaks from where the snow had melted.How in the hell do you leave a 85K car sitting outside in the weather in Colorado for 10 months.

The dealer needs to be shot.

...What I saw almost made me cry. From what I could tell it had been sitting outside since the last time I saw it. Even with it being SIlver I could see the dirt and streaks from where the snow had melted.How in the hell do you leave a 85K car sitting outside in the weather in Colorado for 10 months.

Some dealerships have stupid general managers; it's a wonder how they stay in business. It was for that very same reason that I didn't buy my black/black KR from the clowns at Sunrise in N. Hollywood... They left it sitting out in the weather and next to the street for about a year. LOTS of fine scratches and swirls in the paint, and it looked like someone tried to break into the car, as the passenger side window rubber was screwed up near the mirror. I was willing to "save" that car for the right purchase price, but they weren't willing to bring it down to what I offered... I bought my nice one off the showroom floor from another local dealer, for $1K less than the N. Hollywood dealer came down to. They still had that car a month later... Stupid management.

Some dealerships have stupid general managers; it's a wonder how they stay in business. It was for that very same reason that I didn't buy my black/black KR from the clowns at Sunrise in N. Hollywood... They left it sitting out in the weather and next to the street for about a year. LOTS of fine scratches and swirls in the paint, and it looked like someone tried to break into the car, as the passenger side window rubber was screwed up near the mirror. I was willing to "save" that car for the right purchase price, but they weren't willing to bring it down to what I offered... I bought my nice one off the showroom floor from another local dealer, for $1K less than the N. Hollywood dealer came down to. They still had that car a month later... Stupid management.

What can you do?? I saw my first KR ever 2 years ago at a dealership called Medved ford in Castle Rock, while they were unloadng the car a chain snapped and dragged across the hood and the top right side of the roof. Shredded part of the paint and the blue stripe. I cam back later in the year and same the same car still in the dealership "repaired" but funny thing is one of the stipes was worn one was brand new. It pretty striking, getto repair job on an $85k car.

HI

:headscratch: You are all talking about 2009?

The 2008 are in the 50K range.

Feel sorry for the owners that paid 125+K for theirs. :cry:

Feel sorry for the owners that paid 125+K for theirs. :cry:

............I don't !

Back on topic. How can they leave the most expensive car in their inventory outside like that? They definitely are stupid. Someone who is willing to spend that kind of money is going to be picky. Do you blame them ?

............I don't !

Back on topic. How can they leave the most expensive car in their inventory outside like that? They definitely are stupid. Someone who is willing to spend that kind of money is going to be picky. Do you blame them ?

OUCH...

I was being nice.

I asked what year...$85K should be the 2009. Not that it matters.

Back on topic. How can they leave the most expensive car in their inventory outside like that?

It's the dealers to do with as they wish. Will the KR be worth $$$ in the future?

Most of them were roped off in showrooms like a big trophy's.

Someone will eventually buy the car They all sell In time if the $ is right.

Is it as sad as a classic rusting in some field?

Didn't look at the year but I assume it was an 09. When I said 85K that is sticker and what it was worth a year ago when they first put it outside. Seems like they do most of their business selling trucks to farmers an businesses. How a small dealership got their hands on two KR's I will never figure out. They slod the black one they had, not sure when. Worst thing is it was around 5:00 and starting to get dark and I could still see the dirt and streaks on a silver car

............I don't !

Who actually owns the new cars at the dealerships, dealership or Ford? In any event neglect will cost them money. :peelout:

there's a GT500 white with blue stripes that's been sitting outside (day and night) for the last 9 months!

this is in southeast colorado with high winds, snow, and blowing dust. actually drove past one day and it have a few inches of snow sitting on it. the car is on consignment and suppose to be upgraded to 700 horsepower. didn't really ask that much about it.

definitely a shame when amazing cars are treated poorly!!!!

Ford Store Morgan Hill is good about keeping pricey vehicles inside. But since the staff changed over, I don't go there much anymore except for service. I bought my 08 GT500 from them in 12/07, and paid sticker only. At the time, it was the best deal in the state. They took care of me pretty good at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

HI

That's pretty lame.

I found my '07 GT500 used at a dealer in Littleton in July '09. It had been parked inside for the week they had it until I bought it. A hail storm rolled through right after they got it and trashed about 100 vehicles in the lot.

When I take mine in for any service, they park it in the indoor wash bay if it isn't in one of the repair bays. That's for a car they sold used for under $40k. Every time I go to pick it up from service, they have to pull it out of the indoor service area, so they treat it just as I do.

All the GT500s and KRs they have for sale are parked in the showroom every night, and when parked outside, like right after a test drive or when on display during the day, are under a large overhang.

That's what a good dealership is all about, in my book.

Archived