TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VMP, JLT OR LETHAL WHAT DO YOU KNOW

Radical08

I would like some input on VMP, JLT and LETHAL for the kits on the super charger pulley mod. They all have them and look pretty much the same but who do you most deal with. Obviously I want the best safest tune they offer with the kits. Just want to see what others experience is. Thanks

I would like some input on VMP, JLT and LETHAL for the kits on the super charger pulley mod. They all have them and look pretty much the same but who do you most deal with. Obviously I want the best safest tune they offer with the kits. Just want to see what others experience is. Thanks

I can vouch for VMP. I have known Justin since he was with Superchips. All of the shelby guys around here and all of my mustang club members use him. I have used him for several tunes. His "factory look" pulley kits are great and noone has ever had a problem. In Florida if someone makes a goof it is everywhere. He has dyno'd my car several times and has always done a great job. He also supports local get togethers including the Horsepower at the Horsefarm.

Respectfully,

Roger

Your going to be in good hands with any of the above as well as Evolution Performance. VMP and JLT developed their own tunes while Lethal and Evo use Lund tunes. You can't got wrong with a Lund tune but I'm sure the JLT and VMP ones are very good as well.

I also went with Justin at VMP. I went for the TVS and had him put the 2.6 pulley on the blower. That, combined withe the larger idler (replacing the stock one) is a great way to go. Looks bone stock other than the "Ford Racing" written on the blower. I also went with a very conservative tune. Overall, I was extremely pleased with Justin's professionalism, workmanship, and prompt responses to all of my annoying questions. The car runs fantastic. I did tons of research before I made my decision to go with VMP. To be honest, from what I'm reading you can't go wrong with any of the above choices.

I did lots of research on this subject before I made my choice. I think all of the vendors on this site are great and very helpful. There is one question that I didn't ask that I think you should, "if I do an upgrade how much is a new tune going to cost me".

Yeah since Evo uses a Lund tune they have pay him every time you change something. I learned the hard way on that one. I would assume it's the same thing with Lethal.

I also went with Justin at VMP. I went for the TVS and had him put the 2.6 pulley on the blower. That, combined withe the larger idler (replacing the stock one) is a great way to go. Looks bone stock other than the "Ford Racing" written on the blower. I also went with a very conservative tune. Overall, I was extremely pleased with Justin's professionalism, workmanship, and prompt responses to all of my annoying questions. The car runs fantastic. I did tons of research before I made my decision to go with VMP. To be honest, from what I'm reading you can't go wrong with any of the above choices.

+1

I too went with Justin at VMP along with the 2.6 stealth pulley, idler and 91-93 Tune package. Justin was super responsive to my questions and the car runs perfectly.

DaFreak

I believe Jay from JLT just recently started dabbling with custom tuning. If I'm not mistaken he has been getting help and guidance from Ed Clark. I will be going with a custom tune from Jay soon for the fact that he is local and it'll be a custom dyno tune, not mail order. Jay doesn't half-ass anything, so I can only imagine his tunes will be as good as the products he puts out. I'll let you know what I think once I get one of his custom tunes.

I did lots of research on this subject before I made my choice. I think all of the vendors on this site are great and very helpful. There is one question that I didn't ask that I think you should, "if I do an upgrade how much is a new tune going to cost me".

VMP gives you 6 months to make changes after the purchase of an SCT with Justin's tune. I recently had headers and a lower pulley installed and Justin sent me a new tune with no issues.

Justin also gives you a free updated tune if you purchase a SC from him. This is great because by the time I purchase the SC I will likely be outside of the 6 month window.

Archived