TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front end paint protection

What is everyone using/doing for paint protection on the nose? A friend of mine had his black C6 vette done with Armor Coat last year and it came out great. I went to speak with the same shop that did his vette today and walked away feeling like they have no idea what they were doing. Example: I asked them about the stripes, and they said "OHH, I Don't know, I think they have to come off." So I said ok , if I get you new Ford stripes can you put them back on? The guy said "Oh well we can find a place to put them back on." So, I ask what is everyone else using, if any, to prevent rock chips?

venture shield clear bra. the shop said Venture Shield is better quality than 3M but of course thats probably because they only use Venture Shield. they did not go over the stripes but stopped close to the edge of the stickers and then put a strip of the bra down the middle between the stripes.

I have 200 miles and already have a chip also . TheWander316 I am going to get the 3M Clear Bra done at the Tint Shop 848 U.S. 1 Edison, NJ 08817-4624 (732) 650-9100 ask for Rob.

Supertrooper I know of a place in CT that does it, let me get the info for you.

Please let me know too

What is everyone using/doing for paint protection on the nose? A friend of mine had his black C6 vette done with Armor Coat last year and it came out great. I went to speak with the same shop that did his vette today and walked away feeling like they have no idea what they were doing. Example: I asked them about the stripes, and they said "OHH, I Don't know, I think they have to come off." So I said ok , if I get you new Ford stripes can you put them back on? The guy said "Oh well we can find a place to put them back on." So, I ask what is everyone else using, if any, to prevent rock chips?

GUYS, I POSTED ONCE BEFORE I HAVE 2010 GRABBER BUE 500 I DID NOT DRIVE MINE FOR A MONTH AFTER I PICKED IT UP UNTI I HAD THE 3M CLEAR BRA APPLIED, I LIVE IN NEW YORK AND USE THE GUYS FROM DETAILING DYNAMICS THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS ALREDY THEY DO MOST OF THE PORSCHE DEALERS IN LONG ISLAND MY CAR WAS THERE FIRST 2010 55 TO DO , I HAD THE COMLETE HOOD DONE EXCEPT STRIPES AND COMPLETE BUMPER EXCEPT STRIPES ALL FRONT LIGHTS , A PILLARS, MIRRORS, HALF OF FENDERS, AND THEY MADE TEMPLETS FOR BEHIND FRONT WHEELS, AND FOR IN FRONT OF BACK WHEELS, THERE WORK IS GREAT , PRICEEEE, BUT WORTH IT IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE ROAD CHIPS, THE REASON I DID NOT DO THE STRIPES IS BECAUSE PUTING THIS CLEAR TAPE ON THE CAR IS LIKE MORE CLEAR COAT, SO BY LEAVING THE STRIPES UNCOVERED THE ORANGE PEEL NOW MATCHES, IF WANT TO CONTACT THEM THEY ARE IN ROSYLN, NEW YORK DETAILING DYNAMICS, MATT OR EDDIE

I was advised to cover the stripes. I will have this done in the next few weeks after a couple rains to clear the salt off the road.

When you TYPE WITH CAPS ITS YELLING ON THE INTERNET, fyi.

At my age (65) sometimes i cant see the small letters, and i cant hear unless someone is shouting LOL

Archived