TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FORD's Purchase Plan for Friends and Neighbors

Found this on the FORD website

The New Vehicle Purchase Plan for Friends and Neighbors (X-Plan) is offered by the Ford Motor Company to encourage employees and retirees to promote Ford Motor Company products among their friends and neighbors. This program offers exclusive discount pricing on certain Ford Motor Company products.

Ford Motor Company Friends and Neighbors

Through the X-Plan, Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are allocated four personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they many give to eligible friends and neighbors to purchase discounted vehicles. Friends and neighbors are eligible for the X-Plan if they are identified and sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or retiree before visiting a dealership. Friends and neighbors wishing to participate in the X-Plan may not discuss a retail purchase of a vehicle with a dealer prior to applying for an X-Plan.

For additional information on the X-Plan, friends and neighbors should contact any Ford Motor Company employee or retiree.

Worth noting, only a Ford Motor Company employee/retiree can give X-plan privileges out. Ford Dealership Employees cannot, as we do not work for Ford Motor Company (we are individually franchised). We get people asking us once and awhile for X-plan PIN #'s, but don't have any to give out.

Ford announced X-plan priviliges for 2007 models a couple days ago. It only seemed to exclude F450-750's and Econoline Cargo Vans. Everything else seems to be fair game. Dealer participation is voluntary, so you may have to shop around to find willing dealers, especially on vehicles in short supply. However, most dealers will honor X-plan on most mainstream vehicles.

I am new to the board, but am a strong Mustang enthusias!

My father retired from FoMoCo and has a Plan X id number which I will attempt to use when ordering my GT500. I really doubt that most if any dealers will accept it though. But, it is worth a try.

My father retired from FoMoCo and has a Plan X id number which I will attempt to use when ordering my GT500. I really doubt that most if any dealers will accept it though. But, it is worth a try.

Actually, if your father is retired from Ford, you should be entitled to Z-plan, which is about 4% lower than X-plan. Double check with him, as that would save you a boatload of money if you can find a dealer to honor the transaction.

Just to clarify for you.....

The plan for retirees of Ford would be the "Z" Plan.

Good Luck! :yup:

1969 GT-500

2006 Vista Blue Convert

Archived