TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gas Prices going UP again......

Just paid $2.89 for 93 premium at my local Costco fuel station here in Miami, regular was $2.69. I sure hope it doesn't spike up again to damn near $4.50/gallon rant2.gif

All ready $ 4.50 regular here good old Ontario Canada.

They can make it whatever price they want by controlling supply. There is no reason for this price change. Crude hasn't changed, and no major refinery outages.

By the way the price in this area is around $2.53. That's a .10/gal increase in the last week.

I wish they would stop predicting how much Gas Prices will rise. That just gives the Companies amo to raise the Price and/or raise it faster.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100301/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices

Just another of those complicated issues squeezing the middle class that requires voters to remember the upcoming November elections.

I think we're in for a big inflationary rise as a result of "stimulus" :headscratch: . Gas prices will rise greatly along with everything else...including taxes.

I pass one of those stations on the way to work with the 2 story gas prices on the corner.............the price goes up 15-20 cents...t.en it goes back down.....then it goes back up.....and so on...

this cycle has repeated itself since last summer......it has consistantly gone back to its recent low of 2.30 for regular.....then crawls back to 2.55 over 10 days ....then returns.......

I figure once the price breaks 2.60 we will be officially in the Summer pricing season.....

Remember when they got us used to 2 bucks...now they are doing it with 3, it started a long time ago...

Total BS.

Yeah, Carnut12 is already Fine with $2.999 a gallon....... NOT ME. At least I have a Scooter to Ride if need be............

Still under $3 for premium up here, as long as it stays that way I will be OK

I agree they need to stop talking about it, it is sickening to see the record earnings all the oil companies continue to have........... :banghead:

Blackstone and Woonsocket have the lowest prices in our area. :happy feet:

I want to buy 250 gallons of 93 now, but my wife said no. :talkhand:

The price of gasoline (and other fuels for that matter) is like any other commodity subject to the law of supply and demand. How do you explain expensive art, cars, homes, wine, etc? And I've never understood people who complain about the cost of a gallon of gas (extracted from deep below the earth's surface thousand's of miles from your local service station, delivered by overland pipeline, ocean going super-tanker, bulk delivery truck, refined in a constantly shrinking handful of refineries in the US and is ultimately a finite resource now in demand by growing populations in China, India, etc.), but think nothing of paying $6 for a pint of bottled water at a sporting event. When is the last time a $6 pint of water propelled your Shelby down the highway/drag strip, pulled a mile long train down the tracks at 60mph or flew you home to grandma's in an airliner at 550mph at 40k feet? And if you think $3 a gallon gas is expensive, check out what our European TS members are paying for a litre of fuel. Just sayin.

The avarage price for self serv super here in so cal right now is about $3.20 a gallon, but I have seen full serv super going for $3.99 a gallon. Not has high as Canada (yet) but quite a bit higher avarage than some of the other prices posted in this forum.

The cost of living in this state is so high, they should just rename it the "State of Beverly Hills". banghead.gif

Well, at least the Arnie era is coming to close, now we just have to see which one of the next batch of idiot's gets voted in. You out of staters should see how much Meg Whitman is spending on TV ad's here. She started blitzing the air waves begining in November of 09', and there is no sign of her letting up anytime soon. Hell, the elections aren't until November of 10, and the L.A. Times reports that she spent 1 Million in February just for the L.A. TV market alone!

Jeez, talk about deep pockets trying to buy an election. I'm not saying that Meg is a good or a bad canidate, but I do get suspicious when a canidate comes out of the gate spending so much money so early in an election year. For those who may not know, Meg's claim to fame is that she was the CEO of Ebay until November of 2007.

Sorry for the slight derail. Now... backtotopic.gif

The avarage price for self serv super here in so cal right now is about $3.20 a gallon, but I have seen full serv super going for $3.99 a gallon. Not has high as Canada (yet) but quite a bit higher avarage than some of the other prices posted in this forum.

The cost of living in this state is so high, they should just rename it the "State of Beverly Hills". banghead.gif

Well, at least the Arnie era is coming to close, now we just have to see which one of the next batch of idiot's gets voted in. You out of staters should see how much Meg Whitman is spending on TV ad's here. She started blitzing the air waves begining in November of 09', and there is no sign of her letting up anytime soon. Hell, the elections aren't until November of 10, and the L.A. Times reports that she spent 1 Million in February just for the L.A. TV market alone!

Jeez, talk about deep pockets trying to buy an election. I'm not saying that Meg is a good or a bad canidate, but I do get suspicious when a canidate comes out of the gate spending so much money so early in an election year. For those who may not know, Meg's claim to fame is that she was the CEO of Ebay until November of 2007.

Sorry for the slight derail. Now... backtotopic.gif

Enis,

I don't know what's worse... former (retread) Governor Jerry "Moon Beam" Brown, or "Big Bucks" Meg! For those of you in the other 49 states, count your blessings that you're not here in Kalifornicate. Even a Hollywood producer couldn't dream up the kind of politics we live with.

Enis,

I don't know what's worse... former (retread) Governor Jerry "Moon Beam" Brown, or "Big Bucks" Meg! For those of you in the other 49 states, count your blessings that you're not here in Kalifornicate. Even a Hollywood producer couldn't dream up the kind of politics we live with.

I don't either my friend. I just know that we need leadership who realizes that they MUST stop businesses from leaving the state, and do WHATEVER they can to arrest the loss and to create incentives to get both old and new businesses back in...period. At the rate that businesses are jumping ship (state), we will be a shining example of what a complete failure NAFTA is to California and the rest of the United States too.

A SOLID COUNTRY (and state) IS ONE THAT PRODUCES GOODS, SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS THAT PEOPLE (both foregin and domestic) WILL BUY SO THAT THE COUNTRY AND/OR STATE PROSPERS!

soapbox.gif

Without a solid production-based economy, we are just a bunch of consumers that rely on investing in those countries and businesses that do produce goods and products to make our income. That's a simplistic statement, but I think that you get my point.

Sorry, did it again. Now... backtotopic.gifone more time.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Convienience Store owner high fuel prices kill me. No profit anyway as it is, high risk, low return. DEQ is on your but, high insurance premium, labor, and electricity, not much left over. What get's me is, every time a Credit Card gets swiped I can see visa/mastercard just smile a big grin. A percent of the sale, an interest charge, oh my what nice profits they get. Oil companies are doing well as are the federal and state goverments. High gas taxes are some reason for high prices. A Federal or State Tax should not be more than a retailer can profit from thier own business. I would be happy if I could make a dime a gallon, but it isn't going to happen. Sometimes the fuel has already increased so much before the current volume is sold I don't make any profit, and have to find a way to make up the difference. Another $3 to 4 buck a gallon spell and we are closing the fuel off! Can't afford it as an indepependent.

Funny thing is, every one always asks my wife and I, why don't you drive a bigger car your gas is FREE!. Ya right! Big OL fuel fairy sneeks in at night and fills us up for Free. :happy feet: Ooops spilled the beans, you caught me.

So here's one for everyone. Hi Priced Fuel sucks!! :jackinbox: But we still are a lot cheaper that most of Europe and Canada. And I'm not parking the Shelby. So I guess I'll get over it. :shift:

I don't understand the interest in this thread.

Regardless of what the price at the pump is - we have to pay it. No choice.

One of the ironies is - this forum is about cars that aren't known for their high MPG! :hysterical:

I don't understand the interest in this thread.

Regardless of what the price at the pump is - we have to pay it. No choice.

One of the ironies is - this forum is about cars that aren't known for their high MPG! :hysterical:

Oh I don't know about that Ruff. My SGT gets way better fuel milage than my F-150. So while not a good as a throttle stuck Prius, still be than a lot of other performance cars. Hey we have to vent somewhere. Wanna buy a C-Store?

Oh I don't know about that Ruff. My SGT gets way better fuel milage than my F-150. So while not a good as a throttle stuck Prius, still be than a lot of other performance cars. Hey we have to vent somewhere. Wanna buy a C-Store?

For how much? I've got some Toyota stock I need to dump.... :lurk:

:slapfight:

Bite me, Ronzoni Boy! I've got the right to my opinion! What are our choices? None. We need to fill up - we do. It is - what it is. :finger:

I wasnt aware the discussions on this forum were limited to topics YOU feel are worthy of discussion.

The right to the opinion belongs to the folks discussing this matter, not for those wading in to say the conversation is useless. :finger:

Mr zero to sixty in a half hour! :P

I wasnt aware the discussions on this forum were limited to topics YOU feel are worthy of discussion.

The right to the opinion belongs to the folks discussing this matter, not for those wading in to say the conversation is useless. :finger:

Mr zero to sixty in a half hour! :P

I think you just broke a Man Law, Concrete Shoes Boy! :slapfight:

I didn't call you underpowered when I had my car. :superhero:

well, Im not underpowered...first of all......and second, Im busting you chops Captain HoleShot! :jackinbox:

Ease up on the lack of power jokes, eh? You try going from 474 at the wheels to 102 - and you'll better understand. :salute:

Archived