TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Correct off-set/backspacing for aftermarket wheels

Hello, what is the correct off-set and backspacing for some aftermarket 20" rims?? And am i retarded because I cannot find this information anywhere in the manual?? Thanks for the help

On the 20 " Alcoas, the fronts(20 X 9) are 24mm offset and the rears(20 X 10) are 37mm offset. Stock is 45mm

On the 20 " Alcoas, the fronts(20 X 9) are 24mm offset and the rears(20 X 10) are 37mm offset. Stock is 45mm

Yeah, but hasn't it been determined that the Alcoas have the wrong offset in the rear? Only allowing a 295 (if that) tire back there.

If you really want the best answers, I'd call Steve @ True Forged 818-357-2531

Yeah, but hasn't it been determined that the Alcoas have the wrong offset in the rear? Only allowing a 295 (if that) tire back there.

If you really want the best answers, I'd call Steve @ True Forged 818-357-2531

IThe data on the Alcoas I posted is accurate. I just put a set of Alcoas on the front and rear of my car.

The offset isn't bad. Before I put them on I was worried about all that I have read.....

...being that they stick out too far...etc.

There is a limit on tire application, but there are choices that will work

I believe there are folks on this forum that have used a 305.

Perhaps they will chime in.

IS

IThe data on the Alcoas I posted is accurate. I just put a set of Alcoas on the front and rear of my car.

The offset isn't bad. Before I put them on I was worried about all that I have read.....

...being that they stick out too far...etc.

There is a limit on tire application, but there are choices that will work

I believe there are folks on this forum that have used a 305.

Perhaps they will chime in.

IS

I'm not disputing your information, I'm sure it's correct. I'm just saying that there are better offsets/backspacing options out there that will allow you to run more tire. If you get custom rims from someone like true forged or CCW you can get an 11.5'' wheel and comfortable fit a 315 tire under there.

Edit: I actually thing you can run a 345 series tire w/ a 11.5'' wheel, if the backspacing and offset are perfect.

Archived