TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Selling 69 GT500 to get maybe 2 new 07's

BillyRay

Well I thought I would always keep this one BUT I know I will enjoy the 2007 Black convt just as much!

I figure this the convt is better for me for these reasons.

2007 Shelby alot faster

Handles better

stops alot better

Nice sound system

all the whisltes and bells

top goes down

I already have the Grabber O coupe which is a true pleasure. I figure why not own two for the price of a 69 fastback. ( see pic below) I figure in 20yrs by old 2007 Shelbys will still kick AZZ!

If interested in the 69 let me know. bilhunter@aol.com 150K Billy

post-3364-1168718396_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1168904606_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1168904680_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1168718396_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1168904606_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1168904680_thumb.jpg

Well I thought I would always keep this one BUT I know I will enjoy the 2007 Black convt just as much!

2007 Shelby alot faster

Handles better

stops alot better

Nice sound system

top goes down

I already have the Grabber O coupe which is a true pleasure. I figure why not own two for the price of a 69 fastback. ( see pic below) I figure in 20yrs by old 2007 Shelbys will still kick AZZ!

Put her on e-bay.

I don't think you will be dissapointed in your new GT500(s)!

Two for the price of one.... what a deal!!!

2007 Shelby alot faster

Handles better

stops alot better

Nice sound system

top goes down

Wow nice car....PLEASE think this over though. Wouldnt want to sell it and then regret it. That is a one of a kind that is very hard to come by. I love the new ones, trust me, I am hoping to get me JUST one but wow....69s are something else. IMO

2007 Shelby alot faster

Handles better

stops alot better

Nice sound system

top goes down

billy ray

man do u have to sell her ??? Why not get just one GT 500 and not two and keep the classic !

dond

2007 Shelby alot faster

Handles better

stops alot better

Nice sound system

top goes down

Man I have to question selling the '69. You really need to think about what it would take financially down the road to get back into a car like the 69 GT500. I would wait to see what similar cars bring on Barrett Jackson later this week. If you go to the web site, you may find a couple on the listing similar to yours that are going to auction.

I would bet the '69 GT500 has appreciated the price of an '07 GT500 in the last five years alone (ADM included).

Just my opinion.

HSURB

Man I have to question selling the '69. You really need to think about what it would take financially down the road to get back into a car like the 69 GT500. I would wait to see what similar cars bring on Barrett Jackson later this week. If you go to the web site, you may find a couple on the listing similar to yours that are going to auction.

I would bet the '69 GT500 has appreciated the price of an '07 GT500 in the last five years alone (ADM included).

Just my opinion.

HSURB

I'll start by admitting I know nothing of the value of old Shelbys since I watch old Camaros more closely. However, I know most collector type cars do fluctuate in value...they don't go straight up over time. Therefore, it's POSSIBLE (I'm not saying PROBABLE) that you could buy it for LESS money in the future than you sell it for today. I'm no forecaster...but if the market is high right now when you sell it...you could potentially get one back later for the same or less money should you want to.

I don't think I'd ever sell my Camaro, but it's not because of value...my car is not a rare type. It's more because of the blood/sweat/tears that I have in the car...I've done all the work myself except the paint job that's currently being applied, and I have had the car over 25 years...it would be hard to let go of the memories. I have pictures of myself in that car when I weighed 40 pounds less...and I'm not all that fat even now. :hysterical2:

Dave

BR, I wouldn't do it. Please do the research through the directory to see how amy 69' survivor's there are before making your final decision. I suspect that you will fine that there are allot less 69's still around than the amount of 500's that will be produced. Look, I love my 500 through and through, but if I had an opportunity to buy an original 67' 350 or 500 (67' is my favorate year) at the time that I made the decision to commit to the 500, then frankly I would have gone that route. To expand that thought, if I did own a early Shelby as well as the 500, to me having the old and the new bookend each other would be the ultimate expression of respect of the man, the car, the brand, and the model.

The other factor that unfortunataly has to be considered in this equasion is what will happen to the value of all Shelby's in the future after the sun sets in the west for the last time. I think you know what I mean here. The legacy will certainaly continue, but I believe that the originals will turn into even more rarefied metal than they are now. I also believe that the 69' model year has not come into it's own yet either. Right now everyone seems to be focused on the 65' through 68' models for obvious reasons, but I think the the 69' has not "popped" yet.

I agree with what another member has posted in the topic. Unless you bought your 69' new off of the showroom, you bought it used. If that's correct, then you took the car home and made it your own. Take the same approach with the 500. Buy one in a couple of years from now, take it home and do what you did with the 69'.

But in the end, if you do decide to sell it, take it to Barrett-Jackson or another aucton company, pay the comission and sell it to the highest bidder. At least you can have some excitement and feel like a King for day selling it that way.

I'd say keep it - depending on how many have survived.

Dave has a Camaro that I'll never ride in - nor hear the sweetest engine sounds ever produced by an internal combustion engine. :rant:

Perhaps this summer I can get a video/audio clip of it. I know it's not a ride, but it's better than nothing. Don't you ever travel? If so, get your RUF butt up here and take a ride sometime. :happy feet:

Dave

Don't do it, Don't sell that 69.

You'll regret it for the rest of your life.

You got one of each now. It don't get any better than that!!!!

See how nice they look together.

Alan

I agree with ati. DON'T DO IT! Keep the '69, keep the '07 and order an '08 Boss 302 (I read only 1000 to be made)

I'd say keep it - depending on how many have survived.

Bj:

I have considered the same thing, I own a 1970 GT 350 and will finally receive my GT500 next Wednesday.

Having both the old and the new is Great but is alot of money sitting in your garage. But the 1969-70 Shelby's are very hard to find, especially an original with low miles and matching numbers. I know mine is one of only 789 1970's and there was about 3100 1969 and 1970 total!

If you are going to sell your car, sell it now while the market is good. The two auctions this month will set the trend for the year.

The old Shelby's are great but expensive to have just sitting around and to maintain. Parts are hard to come by and expensive. It is alot of $$ for only putting on a few hundred miles a year.

I have not even received my GT 500 yet but am considering selling it to get a GT 500 convertible instead!

Good luck with your sale.

Randy

post-7842-1168811973_thumb.jpg

post-7842-1168812044_thumb.jpg

post-7842-1168811973_thumb.jpg

post-7842-1168812044_thumb.jpg

Wow no way would i sell it. in 20 years a 2007 GT500 might not be worth 5k, When you know the 1969 will only go up up and away.

The only reason muscle cars are going for such high prices today is Baby boomer’s who couldn’t afford them when new now have more money then they know what to do with and they drive up the price. In 20 years all the kids that are 16-25 now will be driving the collector car market and for all we know the hot cars might be Hondas and Evo’s , WRX’s and cars like vetts and GT500 might not be looked at as hot cars

Why don't you wait a year or so and pick up a cheaper used '07 GT500 and keep your '69? :idea:

BOYS''''I pulled the 69 out on Sunday and I forgot the action this car gets. I had some chick in a newer VW

at a light just look and stare...I looked over again and she was still staring...I thought I was going to get out and wipe the drool from her lower chin...

I do like all the suggestions and I really like waiting and buying a used convt Shelby...Thanks BillyRay

BOYS''''I pulled the 69 out on Sunday and I forgot the action this car gets. I had some chick in a newer VW

at a light just look and stare...I looked over again and she was still staring...I thought I was going to get out and wipe the drool from her lower chin...

I do like all the suggestions and I really like waiting and buying a used convt Shelby...Thanks BillyRay

Oh if I only had a few hundred grand laying around :cry:

Good. Another sucessful intervention. I'm calling the A&E channel to see if they would like to pick this story up for an uncoming episode.

:finger: You're cured. :hysterical2:

She had probably never seen a old school shelby rolling in the streets :D Most people only see them on barrett jackson. I give you massive props for even taking it out to cruise my county leads the state in accidents per capita pretty much we drive like freaking idiots. After all the stuff you have to go though to keep the car looking nice to have to worry about someone either taking you out or beating it to death in a parking lot it takes a strong will to take it out and really enjoy it as it was meant to be. From my humble observance people really don't give a poo about anybody elses stuff these days. People leave shopping carts out everywhere I go, park about 2 cms from your door or try banzi parking movements in parking lots to get a closer space. I just park way far away from the front door to avoid as much of that stuff as possible.

Anyway great to hear you are thinking of holding on to it, its a nice car and I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it when you are ready.

No way I would ever sell a real Shelby to buy any of these SVT cars. Just look at the price of the 2000 Cobra R new it was 45K sticker and the ADM was 65-80K for 1 of 300. Now you can get them for 35K and for very low miles. Best time to sell your classic is the week or two after Barrett Jackson cause everyone gets the fever and it also causes the market price on these cars to go up.

I Sold my 70 GT500 10 Months ago No Regrets. I Kept my 67 GT500.

What's the production # of your '67 GT500? Mine's 589, and a buddy of mine is restoring 413 as we speak. We are gonna drive them to the SAAC Meet in Utah in July. Should be a fun cruise.

Archived