TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corsa Xtreme Axle-Back Installed - 2010 Shelby GT500

nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Had a set on my 2008 GT and they sounded good but when I installed them on my 2010 Shelby they sounded like crap. Had to sell them. To get the sound that I wanted I went to the Roush muffler delete and couldn't be happier with them. I thought the stock ones sounded louder than the Corsa.

j

just curious, are the exhaust pipes bigger on the 2010 vs 2007---the size affects the exhaust big time, with smaller being alot louder---bob

ok they are installed. not at all as loud as i was expecting. people, including corsa, kept telling me how loud they were. crazy how the sound is mostly behind the car. i will get some clips and pics tomorrow or friday

i need to let someone drive it so i can hear what it sounds like.

i am planning on driving it to the office tomorrow (100 miles) so i will be able to get a good feel for whether or not there is any drone, but from what i can tell so far there doesnt seem to be much interior noise at all.

may look at getting a higher flowing catted-x. dont want to go catless i hate the smell it leaves in the garage.

How long did it take you to install? Easy install? Did you put it on a lift or can you do it w/ a jack & stands? Thx

How long did it take you to install? Easy install? Did you put it on a lift or can you do it w/ a jack & stands? Thx

i used a lift but it is easy enough to do on jacks

IMG_3157.JPG

still waiting to install his new garagemate :P a two post asymetrical

IMG_3156.JPG

I used jackstands in the garage and it took about 45mins, and another 30-45mins to get them lined up perfect(if your anal like me). Real simple easy install. They really sound great no drone and come to life when the foot mashes the pedal.

I used jackstands in the garage and it took about 45mins, and another 30-45mins to get them lined up perfect(if your anal like me). Real simple easy install. They really sound great no drone and come to life when the foot mashes the pedal.

Thanks guys, I just bought them, should arrive around the same time my Shelby gets delivered. Thanks NOTHING for the videos, you sold me on them! ;)

In case you guys are getting any crazy ideas of going O/R X-pipe with a Corsa. Definately not for everyone, the good thing about with the 2010 is inside the car with the windows up, it is actually livable for daily driving. Stomp your foot to the floor and its eadrum explosion time though, lol

Dude, that sounds frign awesome. How is the drone, especially at highway speeds?

Rob

In case you guys are getting any crazy ideas of going O/R X-pipe with a Corsa. Definately not for everyone, the good thing about with the 2010 is inside the car with the windows up, it is actually livable for daily driving. Stomp your foot to the floor and its eadrum explosion time though, lol

yeah how is the drone..i want my a little louder but dont think i want to go off-road cant take the wife and kids commenting on the smell in the garage

thinking about headers with hi-flow cats or the magna flow x with hi flows (not sure how much difference that would make though)

yeah how is the drone..i want my a little louder but dont think i want to go off-road cant take the wife and kids commenting on the smell in the garage

thinking about headers with hi-flow cats or the magna flow x with hi flows (not sure how much difference that would make though)

Drone is not bad at all conscidering how loud the car actually is, the 2010 does such a great job of cabin sound deadining, but it is like race car loud at 3/4 to full throttle. My ear drums bleed. I am thinking about gutting the stock cats and putting the stock x-pipe back on and thinking maybe the empty cats will act a little like chambered pre mufflers and make it just about right, hate to ruin a stock X-pipe though, may need it someday, and what if it sounds exactly the same.

Smell is not that bad, if you a real gear head you love the smell of uncatalyzed exhaust flow in the morning, smells like, victory.

• 1 year later...

yeah i am thinking about getting the magnaflow catted x or maybe the lethal catted x

im considering getting the lethal catted x with everything else on the car stock. let me know how it sounds

Archived