TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Tower Brace

• 2 weeks later...

Thought you all might like to see my new strut tower brace and powder coated injector covers. Since the red is not visible it doesn't slow the car down the least little bit. :hysterical:

Nice! cant wait to see in person at the breakfast club meetings this year...

How does it handle... is there noticable improvement?

What is the current status of the strut tower braces? availability/color options/price?

Ron

Re-installed my Polished STB today. I had a Black STB on for a while, but changed back to the Polished. Both fit/look Great!! Thanks Reg.

Picture1719-2.jpg

R

ROBERT M;

WHERE DID YOU FIND IT, AND IF YOU DON'T MIND, HOW MUCH...........

ALEX

Nice! cant wait to see in person at the breakfast club meetings this year...

How does it handle... is there noticable improvement?

What is the current status of the strut tower braces? availability/color options/price?

Ron

Ron - there is a thread somewhere and that is where I ordered mine off of. I believe it does stiffen the front end and I like that a lot. Engraving is next.

that engraving lookd great did you get it from reg that way i like it

I bought both of my bars from Reg (Polished and Black), but they were not engraved. I called around locally, Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, Orlando and no one did engraving like this that I was able to find. A co-worker told me a person he knows does metal work, I thought "oh, a welding shop", no, this person has a CNC machine and was able to take on my project. I had a .dxf file that is to be used for the CNC engraving and it needed some tweaking on the lettering. The "a" needed some finishing and the "e" in each word needed some work. He made the adjustments to the lettering in the text and ran the program. This is how it turned out. He also adjusted for proper letter size on the bar, too big or too small would not look right. I think it came out just right, but it did cost me the set-up fee, that is what is costly!!

Another angle, sorry this picture is a little blured.......................

Picture1720-1.jpg

R

Re-installed my Polished STB today. I had a Black STB on for a while, but changed back to the Polished. Both fit/look Great!! Thanks Reg.

Picture1719-2.jpg

R

Great job Robert, looks fantastic.

I've been playing around with different engraving ideas for mine and this was one of the first ones I programmed. Decisions, decisions.

Archived