TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Minor Mods

mtdewfanaddict

this is my first ever topic starter. bought my 08 GT500 in Feb2008 and became a Team Shelby that fall.

everything is still stock right now. haven't really done any major modifications to my shelby yet, just changed to the shorty antenna and added the dash plaque. of course i would keep all original parts. wanted advice on where the best deals are or best manufacturers would be. also, if any of these mods would lower the value of the car.

these are the ones i'm considering:

hydraulic hood struts

push button start (where the power plug is above the radio)

and sequential tail lights

any advice or help would greatly be appreciated!!!

I purchased my sequential tail lights from http://www.webelectricproducts.com/ . They were great to deal with and make a top notch product using Ford hardware. They are also cheaper than other suppliers. I don't know what stereo system you have mine has the Shaker 1000 stereo that adds a little more time to the installation due to limited room to remove the cover on the passenger side. As far as hood struts I also considering purchasing them but have seen the cylinders fail on a Mustang and could no longer hold up the hood. So I am still up in the air on this mod. - Kevin

I purchased my sequential tail lights from http://www.webelectricproducts.com/ . They were great to deal with and make a top notch product using Ford hardware. They are also cheaper than other suppliers. I don't know what stereo system you have mine has the Shaker 1000 stereo that adds a little more time to the installation due to limited room to remove the cover on the passenger side. As far as hood struts I also considering purchasing them but have seen the cylinders fail on a Mustang and could no longer hold up the hood. So I am still up in the air on this mod. - Kevin

Kevin,

awesome, thanks for the tip!!! i'll look into that website. i have the shaker 500 stereo system.

for the hood struts...a recommendation i received was this website. they recommended the non engraved set.

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_hood_strut_kit.php

hope this helps your search too!!

Daniel

+1 for webelectronics for the sequential tail lights. Everyone I know that went with the hood struts used the Redline Racing ones. As far as the push button start, in my opinion it's just more of an inconvenience. You still have to use your keys to turn the ignition on before you start the car and to me, that takes away the cool factor.

I just ordered the Webelectric sequentials, they were $119 and shipping is free.

I installed the Redline Tuning hood lifts last year, was pretty easy, but you have to drill. You can check out the instructions on their website to see what you are getting into if you decide to get them.

Also put on the KR500 Mufflers exactly 1 year ago today. BTW the temp was 60 then and no snow. Now we have 8 inches of snow and the temp is 38.

My wife bought me a Ford Racing Cold Air Intake for Christmas, I will put it on when it gets a little warmer.

All of the mods were Do It Yourself so far.

Web Electronics here as well...great guys.

I purchased the Steeda struts and had the braces powder coated to match. Great product, easy install, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

Steeda Hood Strut Part#555-0651, $129.

HoodStruts004.jpg

engine6-111207b.jpg

Under-the-Hood-707-005.jpg

Web Electronics here as well...great guys.

I purchased the Steeda struts and had the braces powder coated to match. Great product, easy install, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

Steeda Hood Strut Part#555-0651, $129.

--awesome photos. thanks for the part number too!!! i can hardly wait to get mine installed. i'm surprised that wasn't put on from the factory

thanks for all the tips everybody =)

I had Webelectric Products on my 2003 GT that I traded in for my GT-H, and loved them. I had them installed for around 30k miles with no problems and not even a burned out bulb. For some reason I ordered my sequentials for the Shelby from American Muscle, forgetting to check Webelectric first. I could have saved $20, oh well no big deal. I literally just finished installing them 15 minutes ago.

I thought I'd chime in here to let everybody know that the sequentials that American Muscle sells are actually Webelectric pieces. They just showed up Saturday, and I thought it was funny that all American Muscle did was slap a mailing label on the top of the Webelectric box. The Webelectric sticker with company logo and part number was still on the side. Although the part number is a little different than the one on their website, they are definately the non OEM Ford harness type. The quality of the harness appears to be just as good as the factory pieces that I swapped out. If anyone is concerned about the quality of the non OEM harness, don't be.

thanks everybody for your tips and input!!!! it will make my search alot easier =)

the toughest part will be waiting to get the parts and having to wait to put them on. COME ON SUNNY WEATHER!!!

:happy feet: :shift:

Archived