TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Gray Bunny Roars!

check6

Hey all....well, I did it. As many of you already knew, my Tungsten Gray Terlingua was a base Terlingua with a few add-ons. Well, after my track time at the Shelby Bash and talking with a number of other Terlingua owners (both Ricks, Big Larry, Jim, Mike, and although not at the Bash, Jeff, who is a store house of knowledge) I just had to do the high-pro upgrade. So, I ordered the supercharger. Next step was installing it all.

Now many of you know that I had intended to have SAI do this upgrade. I had even talked to both Bud and Roger about doing this. But, I'm a teacher and money is tight. So, I thought, "What the heck....I can do the install myself." Well, I have turned a wrench or two in my day and after having just done the header install before the Bash, I figured it would be no problem.

So, you can guess what happened. Yep, I quickly got in over my head. So, with the car down, I called in back-up: Alex's (Vapor08GT500) shop is very close to my house and he is a friend of mine. He has done great work on Dan's (MY500SS) car, so I gave Alex a call. Long story short, Alex bailed me out and finished the install. My other option would have been my friend Jason (Shelby CS8) at 281Motorsports, but having the gray bunny towed all the way into Orange County was cost prohibitive.

Alex and his shop did a super job of installing the Paxton, and the pod. It looks like a factory install. I really can't say enough good things about Alex and his work. He really came to my rescue. He also recommended I add the gauge pod, and the starter button (ok, ok...it doesn't make it go faster, but it sure is cool).

Wow, what a difference! I loved the car before, but WOW! I understand Alex took pictures of the install and I'm sure he will jump on here and post the work that was done.

So, the Gray Bunny has joined the big dog high-pro rabbits. It was about time..... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Leann! You definately made the right decision adding a blower to your bunny. I hope that you have many miles of fun with your pumped up rabbit!

See you at Knotts(?)

Congrats on turning your Bunny into a High Octane Hare!!!

Now the supercharger peeking out on the toon matches your full size Rabbit.

Hope to join the Hyper-active Hare Hutch in the Spring, (if the snow ever melts) , but probably will go with a Procharger system.

Hey all....well, I did it. As many of you already knew, my Tungsten Gray Terlingua was a base Terlingua with a few add-ons. Well, after my track time at the Shelby Bash and talking with a number of other Terlingua owners (both Ricks, Big Larry, Jim, Mike, and although not at the Bash, Jeff, who is a store house of knowledge) I just had to do the high-pro upgrade. So, I ordered the supercharger. Next step was installing it all.

Now many of you know that I had intended to have SAI do this upgrade. I had even talked to both Bud and Roger about doing this. But, I'm a teacher and money is tight. So, I thought, "What the heck....I can do the install myself." Well, I have turned a wrench or two in my day and after having just done the header install before the Bash, I figured it would be no problem.

So, you can guess what happened. Yep, I quickly got in over my head. So, with the car down, I called in back-up: Alex's (Vapor08GT500) shop is very close to my house and he is a friend of mine. He has done great work on Dan's (MY500SS) car, so I gave Alex a call. Long story short, Alex bailed me out and finished the install. My other option would have been my friend Jason at 281MotorSports, but having the gray bunny towed all the way into Orange County was cost prohibitive.

Alex and his shop did a super job of installing the Paxton, and the pod. It looks like a factory install. I really can't say enough good things about Alex and his work. He really came to my rescue. He also recommended I add the gauge pod, and the starter button (ok, ok...it doesn't make it go faster, but it sure is cool).

Wow, what a difference! I loved the car before, but WOW! I understand Alex took pictures of the install and I'm sure he will jump on here and post the work that was done.

So, the Gray Bunny has joined the big dog high-pro rabbits. It was about time..... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Let me say, the car is more than impressive!! I have done V6 installs before, but mostly do V8 cars. This car is now a beast. With the headers, tune, intercooler, smaller pulley, and the automatic, it feels like a big block now with out the weight and bad gas mileage.

Here are some teaser pics. I am in Vegas right now and will post start to finish photos when I get back to CA and get my broken computer repaired that has the rest of the photos on it!!

Enjoy.

Alex

Leann.jpg

Leann2.jpg

Congratulations Leann! You definately made the right decision adding a blower to your bunny. I hope that you have many miles of fun with your pumped up rabbit!

See you at Knotts(?)

Thanks Enis! Yes, we will be at Knotts for sure. See you there! :happy feet:

Congrats on turning your Bunny into a High Octane Hare!!!

Now the supercharger peeking out on the toon matches your full size Rabbit.

Hope to join the Hyper-active Hare Hutch in the Spring, (if the snow ever melts) , but probably will go with a Procharger system.

Hi Blip! Thanks. We looked into the Procharger, but it's still not CARB legal in Kalifornia and the Paxton is...so the Paxton went in. I hear great things about the Procharger.

Leann,

That is super. Can't wait to see it with the upgrades. Are you coming to Mid-America?

Hi Rick! Thanks....no, we will not make Mid-America...too far to drive due to limited avalible time off from work...maybe next year

Congrats Leann! Let me know how long it takes to get that big ole grin off your face! Probably never.....I bet it won't be long before we start hearing about you out there "dusting" cama reos (computer won't let me spell that one right) at the redlites! Have fun. Craig :happy feet: :shift:

Thanks! Any word on yours? Can't wait to see the limer bunny! :happy feet:

Thanks for asking! :D I can't wait to see my Bunny either!! It's getting striped this week and then, aside from a few little odds and ends, that should be a wrap: my Limer Bunny comes home. :yahoo:

Congrats Leann, :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'm considering having Alex S/C mine too, as he's fairly close to me also. After talking with Robert at the races last weekend, I get the impression that if I wait a little while longer there "might" be a sale coming up on Shelby branded S/C's... I will have to wait and see, hopefully not too long though.

I just dropped my car off at the dealer to get my stripes replaced this morning. I first took it to drop my younger brother off at the airport in San Diego (since we didn't take it to Vegas because of the rain, I owed him a ride in it). So hopefully by the time the Fabulous Fords show is here, everything will be done and looking great.

Dan

Oh, and Alex, I hope you had a great time celebrating your birthday in Vegas!!!

I'm considering having Alex S/C mine too, as he's fairly close to me also. After talking with Robert at the races last weekend, I get the impression that if I wait a little while longer there "might" be a sale coming up on Shelby branded S/C's... I will have to wait and see, hopefully not too long though.

I just dropped my car off at the dealer to get my stripes replaced this morning. I first took it to drop my younger brother off at the airport in San Diego (since we didn't take it to Vegas because of the rain, I owed him a ride in it). So hopefully by the time the Fabulous Fords show is here, everything will be done and looking great.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I had a great time in Vegas, thanks for asking. Let me know if when you make up your mind on the blower. If you don't end up going with the Shelby branded blower, we can do any one of your choice and have it ready by Knotts. I'm glad you were finally able to get your SGT in for the stripes. Before you take it back from the dealer, be sure to make sure there are no bubbles in them. Many SGT friends of mine had them replaced and didn't realize any issues until their cars were home. Say Hi to Laura for me!!

Alex

Awesome Leann. happy%20feet.gif Just need to get the bunny out to west Texas where it can play with a few others and stretch it's legs a bit. I hear there may be a rabbit convention out there sometime.....

You know, it just might make it to the convention of bunnies! :happy feet: All depends on the work schedule

Dan

Hi Dan! Alex does a meticulous job on all aspects of the build. He will check your car out and fix/correct any problems he finds. You can't go wrong letting Alex's shop handle your project. See you at Fab Fords?

Thanks for the kind words Leann.

I have my computer up and running again, so here are some pics of the starter button install. Pretty easy to do, just time consuming as the console tray and radio trim has to be removed and the carbon fiber dash applique had to be trimmed just right fit the starter button.

Over the next few days, I will continue to post pictures of the build.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Alex

Great pics Alex! Glad you could save the pics you took from the old computer. Glad you are up and running again! :happy feet: I look forward to seeing all of the pics you did of my build.

I have a question...

Sorry kind of off topic but how hard is the install?

I can do suspension and brakes like no tomorrow, but I have never worked on an engine in my life. I want to start learning so I'm about to buy a vortech supercharger. Any tips?

I have a question...

Sorry kind of off topic but how hard is the install?

I can do suspension and brakes like no tomorrow, but I have never worked on an engine in my life. I want to start learning so I'm about to buy a vortech supercharger. Any tips?

The wiring and the fuel injectors got to be too much for me, so I turned it over to Vapor08GT500....he can answer this better than me

Matt:

It is not really a hard install, just very time consuming. You need to be very thorough and check, check, and double check everything. The injectors are a real pain to install and seat properly and you do need to modify some brackets here and there. If you buy the kit from me, ( I know you are in Texas) I can have several things modified before it ships to make it much easier to install, and talk you through it on the phone.

Here is the second installment of pics....Keep checking back as I will keep posting all the pics as I get the time (usually 2-3 am!!)

This is the boost pod install. Looks easy, but again, it is very time consuming. it does not come with instructions, so you have to download it from Shelby and they are of coarse for V8 models, so certain things have to be changed. I always like to run the wires through factory grommets, and never cut the dash. The pods always need to be heated up and molded better to the dash for better fit. The install usually takes around 7 hours from start to finish to do it right. I never charge people by the hour, but by the job. All wires get zip tied and secured through out to make them stay put. Enjoy!!

Alex

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

23.jpg

20.jpg

Leann, I know, took alot of massaging, but I am happy with the fit. For those of you trying yourself, here is a tip...DO NOT hold the heat gun on the pod for too long as these pods are molded in black, then painted Dark Charcoal...what does this mean...well, if you heat up in one area too long, you will bubble and/or melt the pod and paint...take your time and it will mold perfect....also, do not drill holes in the dash pad..I have seen several that have been drill so far.

Here are some more pictures. Now at the Supercharger install.....

Several expensive boxes....

15.jpg

Engine box being taken apart....

14.jpg

Relocated reservoir....modified bracket to clear original radiator cover panel.....also slightly trimmed....

16.jpg

17.jpg

Big problems, where Leann had issues, making the injectors fir properly, sounds easy, but is not, they do not fit properly...these are 03-04 Cobra 39Lb units, which are slightly taller, and need modifying, then the spacer for the fuel pressure gauge doesn't clear....always use vaseline or clean trans fliud or oil for lubrication on the seals, but not on the tips....

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

More pictures coming soon...keep watching and replying to see the full build....

Alex

Alex is right, making the injectors fit properly was the end of the project for me. I just couldn't figure it out and this was the prime reason I turned this over to Alex. Perhaps it is easy on the V8's, but on the V6, it stopped me cold. Thanks again for bailing me out Alex.

Oh, how many of you noticed that I painted the intake Tungsten Gray? I didn't like the plenum covers that are out on the market for the 4.0, so I decided to paint mine. That was easy and I like the look. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived