Which Internet browser are you using?

Browser poll:  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser are you using?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Other

I don't know anyone that uses Internet Explorer anymore honestly.

I used Firefox for years, until I upgraded to Windows 7. The two don't work well together at all.

So now I'm using Google's browser called Chrome and I'm loving it. No problems or lack of speed to report with TS at all.

Ken

No, but seems sluggish. Personally, I know of only one person who uses Firefox.

happy%20feet.gif

... me? :hysterical:

I use IE...and the last month TS has been sluggish for me too.

There have been a few problems that I have reported but non resolved as of yet.

Honestly FireFox is a much more safe web browser even off TS, and it has a lot of neat plugins...

Ahh forget it. It's just safer.

FireFox ftw. :yup:

I usually use Firefox, but sometimes I will use IE. I installed Firefox about 6 months ago specifically because IE was slow at times with TS. Occassionally, I will use IE for 10-20 minutes or so and then switch to Firefox and the difference is noticeable, especially when IE is sluggish.

I love being in the minority. Safari and the MAC OS always seems to workhappy%20feet.gif

I would say 95% Firefox. There are some sites that still are locked to IE - like our MLS.

At work we used to have to use IE (and version 6 at that) because some web based front ends to the Oracle database were badly designed. I never use them anyway so I always used Firefox since the old IE was so crappy. Now we've switched to Google Mail and Firefox is what they recommend.

Coincidence? I noticed that the top banner line now says that "Team Shelby is optimized for the Firefox web browser".

Along with this, the "look and feel" was adjusted to get rid of those side bars. Now the forum is the page. Before it was all of those goofy things I never used. THere is still one side bar on the right but at least I can turn it off.

This probably is one of the major contributors to speed. In general the Firefox rendering engine is faster than IE.

Now if only links on a post would open in a new window like every other forum (and here before the change).

Edited by twobjshelbys

I voted IE, but today I'm using Firefox and it does make TS run much better for me.

I guess I'm changing to Firefox.

Good move Grabber.

I have used firefox for the longest time. I love it.

Tried google chrome, nice, different, similar to firefox.

IE with Windows 7. No problems per se, but IE jumps into "Compatibilty Mode" everytime I log into TS. I'm satisifed with how it functions, and because I have heard that Firefox and Windows 7 don't play well together (like Ken states), I'm staying with IE as my browser of choice.

One of my favorite features with Firefox is my.xmarks. This feature saves all your bookmarks on Firefox which you can access from any computer through my.xmarks.com. You have to download xmarks from Firefox to obtain this feature. The other feature I like about xmarks is that right before my last computer crashed, all my bookmarks were saved at xmarks, and, after I purchased the new laptop, I was able to import all my bookmarks to my new computer.

IE with Windows 7. No problems per se, but IE jumps into "Compatibilty Mode" everytime I log into TS. I'm satisifed with how it functions, and because I have heard that Firefox and Windows 7 don't play well together (like Ken states), I'm staying with IE as my browser of choice.

I don't know where the assertion that Firefox and Windows 7 don't play well together is coming from. I have been using Firefox on W7 since I installed it on my Thinkpad over Christmas break. Absolutely no issues with the OS and still faster than IE. I recommend trying it.

Interesting.

According to multple sources I just looked up, IE has 64% average marketshare and Firefox is the next largest at 24%. The percentages have remained stable over the last 9 months. Apparently the percentages inTeam Shelby are different.

Could IE with 64% share have anything to do with it being part of the as-delivered configuration of Windows based computers? I'm thinking that Firefox with 24% is darn good for software that the user has to install him/herself. Nothing against IE, just saying...

I know no one really cares, but I still use dial up, mostly Internet Explorer. However if I need to look at something important I have an old desk top in the basement with an AT&T browser that is no longer supported based on Netscape via SBC and Ameritech.

Perhaps I will someday enter the twenty first century and peraventure I with obtain a 2011 Shelby.

John