TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Zaino wax on SS flat black stripes ?

Spray detailer works great on the matte stripes. People do wax their stripes, and I did on my 08 with gloss silver but I just don't feel comfortable putting wax on the matte stripes. When my car was delivered new the stripes looked great and the dealer showed me "liquid wax" they used, which looked just like detailer. The detailer still has some poymers in it but is dries right away and leaves no residue.

I use Showcar detailer but I'm sure any will work the same. Another hint if you get water spots on the stripes (like I did) a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water takes them out. Stay away from polishes as they have abrasives.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Zaino multiple times on my SS. Clay bar and the complete systems. As noted just be careful on the edges.

Al

Kelowna

Hey Al, good to hear from you, got your car out this year yet ?

Which Zaino products did you use? and did the stripes still look flat black, or do they get a bit of a shine after waxing them

Thanks for the info Randy

Hey Al, good to hear from you, got your car out this year yet ?

Which Zaino products did you use? and did the stripes still look flat black, or do they get a bit of a shine after waxing them

Thanks for the info Randy

Randy,

I don't have it out yet, April.

I have used most of the Zaino products Z2, Z5 Z6 and Z9. The first time it I did it I didn't like it, it did not look even to me, but that may have been my fault, I may have put too much on. The good thing with Zaino you can apply another coat and clear it up. I recommend using small amounts, in the shade and over 70F. It does have a slightly higher shine to it, but that does dull down after a wash. I can email you some pictures. I also have a procedure to care for the stripes, found it on a forum, I will look for it later.

Al

Please post the procedure as I had alloy stripes on my vapor that got totally ruined with no wax. I tried to clay bar them after, but it was too late. Now that I have a black/black combo I want to keep them pristine, Thanks for your help.

Archived