TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NC DMV

andrewnagle1964

So the NC DMV sends you a reminder to get your car inspected about 3 months in advance of it expiring and you can't renew your tag/plate registration until you have it inspected.

I am like no worries..I have plenty of time.....then it snows and snows and snows on and off for the last 2 months.

Yeah the snow finally stops and I take it this past Monday sill plenty of time......but my mechanic calls me at the end of the day and tells me if "failed" for emissions and cat issues !!!

Ohh crap then more snow and now I have to go to our Mexico factory on Monday for 2 weeks and the tag will expire while I am gone !!! Expired tag with no inspection equals big fine, ughhhhh.

Okay a buddy of mine knows of an auto shop in a small country town about 45 minutes away and he will "pass" anything ,so this morning we head to Madison County and Ponder Auto, yeah haw ! We get there and he says pullur in , oopss he can't inspect it cuz it is registered in Buncombe County not Madison County.....but try the Shell Station back in Weaverville (Buncombe County) .... okay no worries we had back to Weaverville and to the Shell station.

Said (serious) buddy

web.jpg

Oohhhs and ahhhss what an awesome car they all say and the inspection begins .......the little gal says...."Did you have some engine work done recently ????" I say no but some other stuff was done, why ??? well the engine computer, chip, tune (what ever) was changed or accessed 90 miles ago and you have to drive it 150 miles fter something like that before the DMV computer will allow an inspection .....so it "failed" for being " NOT READY" !!!! ( Not for emission and cats like my first mechanic thought) she says, "Drive it 60 more miles and come back.......... glad tooo !!!

So we head to Erwin, Tennessee about 30 miles down the road and up over the NC/TN pass...ohh no... snow !!! salt !!!! dirt !!!!

So as we are driving I call my "Tuner" and he says why are you getting it inspected, I inspected it when it was here last.... I am like nope you didn't .....he apologizes and says bring it by and he will stop what he is doing and getter done... Okay time to head to Swannanoa..... 50 miles the other way

So we pull into Appalachian Performance and low and behold a white SGT !!!!!

web.jpg

I look inside and it is 07SGT2252 hmmmm who is that .....ohh yeah GRADY (aka Highflight) !!!!!

He is there with the same issue, go figure.... John aka the Tuner stops everything gives me the keys to his truck and says go eat lunch and he will getter done.

We head done to the Oakie Dokie BBQ for lunch …awesome Que in Swannanoa by the way !

We head back to Appalachian Performance and low and behold I have a “Passed Inpection” for FREEEEEEE not charge , John is the man.

This is the dirtiest the Shelby ever has been or ever will be

web.jpg

web.jpg

Oh by the way I got back to work at 3:00 pm (left at 10 am ) and I am soo glad I work for my father-in-law ...and that he is in the south pacific on a cruise !

Take Care

Andrew

So the NC DMV sends you a reminder to get your car inspected about 3 months in advance of it expiring and you can't renew your tag/plate registration until you have it inspected.

I am like no worries..I have plenty of time.....then it snows and snows and snows on and off for the last 2 months.

Yeah the snow finally stops and I take it this past Monday sill plenty of time......but my mechanic calls me at the end of the day and tells me if "failed" for emissions and cat issues !!!

Ohh crap then more snow and now I have to go to our Mexico factory on Monday for 2 weeks and the tag will expire while I am gone !!! Expired tag with no inspection equals big fine, ughhhhh.

Okay a buddy of mine knows of an auto shop in a small country town about 45 minutes away and he will "pass" anything ,so this morning we head to Madison County and Ponder Auto, yeah haw ! We get there and he says pullur in , oopss he can't inspect it cuz it is registered in Buncombe County not Madison County.....but try the Shell Station back in Weaverville (Buncombe County) .... okay no worries we had back to Weaverville and to the Shell station.

Said (serious) buddy

web.jpg

Oohhhs and ahhhss what an awesome car they all say and the inspection begins .......the little gal says...."Did you have some engine work done recently ????" I say no but some other stuff was done, why ??? well the engine computer, chip, tune (what ever) was changed or accessed 90 miles ago and you have to drive it 150 miles fter something like that before the DMV computer will allow an inspection .....so it "failed" for being " NOT READY" !!!! ( Not for emission and cats like my first mechanic thought) she says, "Drive it 60 more miles and come back.......... glad tooo !!!

So we head to Erwin, Tennessee about 30 miles down the road and up over the NC/TN pass...ohh no... snow !!! salt !!!! dirt !!!!

So as we are driving I call my "Tuner" and he says why are you getting it inspected, I inspected it when it was here last.... I am like nope you didn't .....he apologizes and says bring it by and he will stop what he is doing and getter done... Okay time to head to Swannanoa..... 50 miles the other way

web.jpg

I look inside and it is 07SGT2252 hmmmm who is that .....ohh yeah GRADY (aka Highflight) !!!!!

He is there with the same issue, go figure.... John aka the Tuner stops everything gives me the keys to his truck and says go eat lunch and he will getter done.

We head done to the Oakie Dokie BBQ for lunch …awesome Que in Swannanoa by the way !

We head back to Appalachian Performance and low and behold I have a “Passed Inpection” for FREEEEEEE not charge , John is the man.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Oh by the way I got back to work at 3:00 pm (left at 10 am ) and I am soo glad I work for my father-in-law ...and that he is in the south pacific on a cruise !

Take Care

Andrew

now that is what I call going to the extreme just to get some drive time. Oh, and I recognize that guy behind the wheel....tell him I said Hi. Glad to see you let someone drive that knows how! :hysterical: See you tomorrow. Craig

GEEZE what an adventure.

And I'd have to say... I might have you beat on car appearance after trucking the Shelby to California a few months ago, and then scrambling to get that thing registered (in the snow and rain, salt, etc.) before they came after me.

Glad everything worked out!

Said (serious) buddy

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Florida USE TO HAVE a vehicle inspection program also. Study after study showed that these inspections do no good and are more a revenue grab and harassment to the taxpayers then any possible safety benefit. (Red light cameras are the new revenue grab which is hiding behind an "alleged safety benefit). We, the citizens were finally able to get the whole inspection nightmare cancelled through aggessive use of our state elected officials. All it takes is a simple bill in the State legislature. You shouldn't have trouble finding a friendly legislator, given the pending November elections, they all will be looking for something positive for the over taxed, over regulated, beat down, angry taxpayers. Sorry, now I'll get off my soap box and good luck.

Since when did North Carolina turn into Kalifornia? Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but multiply what you went through by 10 times, and you'll know what we deal with out here in Cally.

And it's only going to get worse for us when the state rolls out the new emissions computers and guidelines later this year. The new machines will eleminate having a "Buddy" pass your car under the radar; no more. I feel sorry for the folks who have sank $1,000's into emissions illegal parts and mods, only to have to remove them when they go in for emissions testing.

But I was not aware that NC was getting (is?) about as strict as Kalifornia is.

Glad it all worked out for ya Andrew. I was going to say, I know of a small mom and pops spot in Jacksonville, NC that pretty much does the whole "hook up" thing. I've always went there after failing state inspection on get this, my tinted windows on my old stang. I know, I know....they are pretty much blacked out :hysterical:

mustang2.jpg

Since when did North Carolina turn into Kalifornia? Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but multiply what you went through by 10 times, and you'll know what we deal with out here in Cally.

And it's only going to get worse for us when the state rolls out the new emissions computers and guidelines later this year. The new machines will eleminate having a "Buddy" pass your car under the radar; no more. I feel sorry for the folks who have sank $1,000's into emissions illegal parts and mods, only to have to remove them when they go in for emissions testing.

But I was not aware that NC was getting (is?) about as strict as Kalifornia is.

Yeah it was really disappointing, but it got done and my tuner rally thought that whole thing was due to not driving it enough after the last time he flashed it ... He said it is all legit and fine...what also is weird right now it varies by county (probably size related).

Take Care

Andrew

Archived