TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buying the FR500-S KR mufflers for my SGT!

I have them on my Whippled GT with a Corsa x pipe. Everybody, even non-car guys, comment on how great they sound.

I have had Flowmaster, FRPP / Borla Stingers, nothing sounds as good as these mufflers IMO.

I know this is hard to quantify with words, but how much louder than the stock SGT mufflers are they? I'm kicking around the new Pypes pype bomb muffler deletes, but suspect that something in between might be better for me...

These mufflers are unique in the fact that all the sound goes out the back.

I am not trying to be funny, when I had Flows or the FRPP stingers on there was a harmonic present inside the car at all times and a serious drone at 2200 to 2500 rpms (with 3.73 gears). KR muffs have no drone or harmonic vibes.

When you get on it, they get loud for the people behind you. I can really hear them when I stand on it by a sound wall or in a tunnel.

Overall the sound is very retro, just like the 71 Mach 1 in the movie Diamonds are Forever.

Spoke to my local Ford dealer and Shelby American today. They both said they doubt putting the KR mufflers on would void my power-train warranty. I still have 4 years left so I don't want to void it. I have to call Ford Racing Performance Parts tomorrow and ask them since they manufacture the mufflers if it would void my power-train warranty. Ford and Shelby said that as long as there is no back pressure change or flow change that affects the motor that it won't void the warranty. :happy feet: I'll know by tomorrow.

Spoke to my local Ford dealer and Shelby American today. They both said they doubt putting the KR mufflers on would void my power-train warranty. I still have 4 years left so I don't want to void it. I have to call Ford Racing Performance Parts tomorrow and ask them since they manufacture the mufflers if it would void my power-train warranty. Ford and Shelby said that as long as there is no back pressure change or flow change that affects the motor that it won't void the warranty. :happy feet: I'll know by tomorrow.

Axlebacks alone will not void your warranty.

Axlebacks alone will not void your warranty.

I hope not! I really want to get em' they sound SWEET! Ill see what FRPP says. Ill let ya know tomorrow! :happy feet:

Anyone else agree it wont void it? :headscratch:

Ordering them tomorrow! :happy feet:

I think you'll like 'em... Got KR muffs on my KR (of course) and my '08 Bullitt. They sound pretty good, and I've noticed no drone. They also fit well, and have the exact same tips as my stock Bullitt muffs had. :)

I think you'll like 'em... Got KR muffs on my KR (of course) and my '08 Bullitt. They sound pretty good, and I've noticed no drone. They also fit well, and have the exact same tips as my stock Bullitt muffs had. :)

Who has the best price for these mufflers. I'm having my car s/c'ed and would like a more muscle car sound.

I have the KR's on my KR as well (Imagine that!) :lol2: But on your 08 Bullitt did you notice if they made the car much louder when you step on the gas while driving? I know they will give the car a throatier growl and a "crackling poping sound" while down shifting just as the KR does, but will they make the car any louder at idle or when you dump on the gas? :peelout:

THE KR MUFFLERS ROCK ; GREAT SOUNDING NO DRONE ; MANY PEOPLE

INCLUDING MYSELF HAVE USED OTHER BRANDS AND HAVE SWITCHED TO

THE KR'S BECAUSE THEY ARE HEAD AND SHOULDER ABOVE THE REST WHEN

IT COMES TO A DEEP THROATY SOUND WITH NO DRONE. FORD WILL NOT

VOID YOUR WARRANTY

SCOTTY

FORD MOTOR CO. RETIRED ENGINEER

My KR mufflers will be here wednesday. Getting them Installed on Friday. Ill post up some pics and a video of how they sound! :camera::salute:

Your gonna love them. My wife, (santa) gave me a set for christmas. Very easy 30 minute install.

Your gonna love them. My wife, (santa) gave me a set for christmas. Very easy 30 minute install.

Just opened the package, it put the biggest smile on my face! :D Getting them installed tomorrow morning! I can't wait! :drool::headspin:

Archived