TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 TPMS Sensors

J-Train

I have a set of 20" wheels on order for my 2010, and I need advice about what to do about my TPMS, pretty sure I want to keep them, I have heard of guys running aftermarket wheels without them ,but that is not the route I am going. I know I could break open my stock wheels and get the valve stem/sensors out of them but I want to keep those stock wheels all together setup if I wanted to switch back so that leaves me the task of finding out what sensors to buy, so far my best option seems to be the schader sensors that DTD sells for 38$ a piece, OEM sensors are much much more, and I am having a hard time finding the new style valve stem sensors used on ebay. What have others that have swaped their rims on 2010's done?

Have you personally used these sensors, kinda looking for feeback from actual experience, what did you think of them? how do they fit with aftermarket wheels? they look like they are semi adjustable to fit more than jsut the oe style stem port.

Have you personally used these sensors, kinda looking for feeback from actual experience, what did you think of them? how do they fit with aftermarket wheels? they look like they are semi adjustable to fit more than jsut the oe style stem port.

I can't tell you about the type of TPMS sensors the 2010 is using, but last night I installed 20" Alcoas

in place of my stock 18" 07 GT500 rims. In 2007, Ford used the banded type. So, I used a new 20" band

from O'Reillys and reused my original TPMS sensors from my original wheels. I also reused the stock brackets

that hold the sensor by gently prying it up off the wheel(Stuck on from factory with double-sided tape)

I cleaned the old adhesive off each bracket and put new double-sided tape on. Everything fit on the 20" rim

just like my original 18s. I found this to be the most inexpensive way to covert. Cost: 30 deer per wheel.

th_InstallAlcoa004.jpg

th_InstallAlcoa005.jpg

IS

I have these that were posted earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120508467580&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I bought 4 of them and took with my new wheels/tires to Discount Tire and had them mounted/installed. you'll also need the programming tool or perhaps just go to the dealership and have them program them. its very simple

• 1 month later...

I have these that were posted earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120508467580&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I bought 4 of them and took with my new wheels/tires to Discount Tire and had them mounted/installed. you'll also need the programming tool or perhaps just go to the dealership and have them program them. its very simple

j-train i just purchased alcos for my 2010 and i was told by the installer do not buy anything but oem he has trouble with most after market sensors i just pick up mine at ford today $71.00 each if your also changing your rims do it once and do it right

The older band type sensors are totally useless on the 2010 and 2011, the new valve stem type sensors operate on a entirely different frequency...

Point of order - the 'snap-in' sensors operate at the same frequency as the older 'banded' ones did, 315 mhz. The difference is they utilize 16 bits vs 8 bits on the older ones and thus won't communicate with the older '07-'09 GT500 SJB/PCM (smart junction box/powertrain control module).

More government control....more headaches.

Archived