TEAM SHELBY FORUM

QC Hold

69deluxe

I found out from Ford CS that my car was selected for QC hold. The CS rep was curious why the data on my car wasn't updated since 12/4/06 so he put me on hold and did some networking. He came back to say that it is on QC hold and there is no ETA right now.

I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I'll bet they thrash it pretty hard during their tests (Good and bad). On the other hand, the stripes and paint should be near flawless (Good).

Who else has received a QC car and what did you notice about it? How long was your wait from VIN# assignment to the time you received it?

I found out from Ford CS that my car was selected for QC hold. The CS rep was curious why the data on my car wasn't updated since 12/4/06 so he put me on hold and did some networking. He came back to say that it is on QC hold and there is no ETA right now.

I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I'll bet they thrash it pretty hard during their tests (Good and bad). On the other hand, the stripes and paint should be near flawless (Good).

Who else has received a QC car and what did you notice about it? How long was your wait from VIN# assignment to the time you received it?

Dont worry, mine was on QC hold as well at the stripe plant...pretty normal..It was on hold for a week.

Man. I thought I was jobbed. I'm sorry to hear it 69de. I would be reluctant to take delivery of a,"new", car with 50+ miles on it unless they gave me a detailed explanation/documentation of everything they did. You'll be lucky if you get another cs update. It probably will just show up at some point at the dealer. Keep pressing though. You deserve to be informed. Mine was delivered on a sunday. For those that don't know. Ford has changed carriers. I don't know if it's nation wide, but I would assume it was. From a union company to a non union company that has already proven they could care less about integrity. Another great job by ford. Another step backwards.

Mine showed up with a missing cobra emblem on the grill, Front bumper paint abrasions from protective tape flapping loosely, drivers side roof rain gutter molding badly scratched and a 1/2" bubble on the passenger side roof stripe. Other then sitting at the railyard 17 day's,getting blown off by the rep,and being let down on 4 delivery promise dates the car is great.

hey 442, with all the holiday excitment, I didn't realize that your shelby had finally made it. Hopefully the dealer is making good on all of the delivery issues. Congratulations, and enjoy your ride. 3 weeks with mine and up to 800 miles. Its a blast. Beats my 69 442 by a bunch.

John

Archived