TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dallas (Plano) Cars and Coffee

09 Red GT500

I saw an article in the Dallas Morning News that there is a cars and coffee get-together each month on the first Saturday (starting in March, last Saturday this month) at Classis BWM (Dallas North Tollway at Spring Creek Parkway). They have had as many as 500 cars. Any TS members attend this event? The picture in the paper had a bunch of Cobras in it. Here is the link to the online article (no pic). http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/classifieds/news/automotive/latestnews/stories/DN-Autos2_20emp.ART.State.Edition1.4b86c07.html.

I usually try to make it myself.

Gary,

What time does it start? The paper said 7am, but then someone blogged it was actually 8am.

Unfortunately, I cannot make it this weekend or the next. Next weekend, I will be down in San Marcos with the Griggs demo and HPDE for my first time on the track!

I went last week but did not arrive until 10:30 as I see no reason to be there at 7am on a Saturday. They do put the cars together by type which is great and there are cars from Mazda's to Lamborgini's with lots of Shelby's both old and new. They have a really nice turnout which should get better once the weather improves.There is one this Saturday too since they are switching to the 1st Saturday of the month.

I made it after all. Mine was the 07 Vista Blue GT500 with the black SS stripes. Saw several Shelbys and talked with their owners as well. Going to try and make it again this week. If anyone is lloking to make any mods soon look me up and we can talk about it. For those that asked about the Shelby Club (SCAT) we will be having our next meet and greet Saturday March 13th at the Hard Eight BBQ ,688 Freeport Parkway, Coppell, Texas 75019. We start showing up between 10:30 and 11:00 and everyone is invited. we are Carroll Shelby's home club and have a few cool things coming up soon I think everyone might be interested in. If you have any questions about the club e-mail me at gem427@aol.com

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Archived