TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter kills battery

bonefish

Well I had started my car probably early Jan and it started right up....so, I thought no issue. Just went out to start it and nothing but, clicking and buzzing. Great...so...need some help..or suggestions.

Do I call Ford with the roadside assistance and get them to jump it OR use the Coleman Portable Jumpstart unit I have or get a trickle charger to trickle charge to restart.

If trickle charger...which one do I get? Where do they sell them and how easy are they to use?

Thanks!!!

Well I had started my car probably early Jan and it started right up....so, I thought no issue. Just went out to start it and nothing but, clicking and buzzing. Great...so...need some help..or suggestions.

Do I call Ford with the roadside assistance and get them to jump it OR use the Coleman Portable Jumpstart unit I have or get a trickle charger to trickle charge to restart.

If trickle charger...which one do I get? Where do they sell them and how easy are they to use?

Thanks!!!

Look here...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53829-battery-dead/page__view__findpost__p__913716

+1 on the Deltran. I have a Junior on my 2010 GT500 delivered last July and the engine fires up on first turn of the ignition. Tenders are a must if your Shelby isn't a DD and you don't want any "clicking" surprises come driving time.

Archived