TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered a 2011 in early February, still heard nothing from the dealer...

Mulanzo

Hey, this is my first car so I don't really know what to expect out of all of this. I went to the dealer and ordered my car in early February a little while after the finalized order guide was sent to the dealer. The dealer told me he was getting one for sure and he didn't know anything after that. He told me I was the first to come and ask about the 2011. I ordered one and asked the guy to send me those weekly reports from Ford. It's been 2 weeks and he hasn't let me know anything. I don't even know if the order was submitted. I think it was because I called and the guy said he put it through, but who knows. Should I have received something from them by now? It's been about 2 weeks since I ordered.

Hey, this is my first car so I don't really know what to expect out of all of this. I went to the dealer and ordered my car in early February a little while after the finalized order guide was sent to the dealer. The dealer told me he was getting one for sure and he didn't know anything after that. He told me I was the first to come and ask about the 2011. I ordered one and asked the guy to send me those weekly reports from Ford. It's been 2 weeks and he hasn't let me know anything. I don't even know if the order was submitted. I think it was because I called and the guy said he put it through, but who knows. Should I have received something from them by now? It's been about 2 weeks since I ordered.

You should have got something by now for sure. At least a DORA. Are you sure he can get a Shelby ?

I ordered mine Feb 2nd, and got my DORA feb 5th.

I got my VIN on Feb 15th.

Call him and ask for DORA to be faxed or emailed to you.

You should be able to get the DORA which is an automated response to the dealer placing the order. It comes the day after the order is placed. I ordered mine on Feb 9 and haven't been assigned a VIN# yet. So don't sweat it if you haven't gotten one as of yet. They have only been sparingly distributed at the moment. Check a few posts back about the 2011 ordering. Another member put build and allotment dates out that he received from the zone manager. I received the same info he posted so I think it is pretty legit.

Talk to anyone who can show you the DORA, and by now, they should have got a tape also showing your order in the system.

If they cannot show you anything... be suspicious. They most likely have not ordered your car yet.

In Canada, not all dealers are autorized to sell Shelby.

Sales manager is the best way to get info. Most act like they don't have time for you but you are planning to spend $50k+, so make them make time. Most salesman blow a lot of smoke up you know where... A DORA is all you can expect at the moment. However that does not mean you are getting a car, yet. DORAs are given to anyone who places an order. More than likely, if your dealer received a 2010 that they ordered (not dealer transfer), they will also get a 2011.

As far as VIN assignments.... There has been a lot of talk about dealers getting their inventory cars prior to special order cars being produced. That could have some bearing on why some vin numbers have already been assigned.

See my post

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53743-2011-production-info/

I would ask the dealer 2 questions...1) show me the DORA and 2) show/prove that he can get a 2011. I recommend you get an answer to #2 BEFORE you put down a deposit. Any dealer that wanted allocations for 2010 and 2011 cars paid a fee. I asked a dealer about this fee and he looked at me like a deer in headlights...I turned and walked out. Any dealer can enter an order for a 2011 and get a DORA, HOWEVER, only dealers that paid the fee can receive allocations and actually get a car built. How allocations are distributed is a mystery to me. I would ask your dealer to talk to his/her zone rep for more info. Right now, Ford is only pulling Dealer Stock orders and will not start pulling retail orders until March 17 at the earliest.

See my post

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53743-2011-production-info/

I would ask the dealer 2 questions...1) show me the DORA and 2) show/prove that he can get a 2011. I recommend you get an answer to #2 BEFORE you put down a deposit. Any dealer that wanted allocations for 2010 and 2011 cars paid a fee. I asked a dealer about this fee and he looked at me like a deer in headlights...I turned and walked out. Any dealer can enter an order for a 2011 and get a DORA, HOWEVER, only dealers that paid the fee can receive allocations and actually get a car built. How allocations are distributed is a mystery to me. I would ask your dealer to talk to his/her zone rep for more info. Right now, Ford is only pulling Dealer Stock orders and will not start pulling retail orders until March 17 at the earliest.

So if they are pulling dealer stock orders only right now and they only get one allocation, then what happens to my retail order?

So if they are pulling dealer stock orders only right now and they only get one allocation, then what happens to my retail order?

Stay in close contact with your dealer and ask that they stay in close contact with their zone rep. More allocations are coming but your guess is as good as mine as to when and to who. Or you could ask that they use their stock order allocation to order your car. This is a tricky situation though. Not all dealer stock orders are being pulled right now, only some of them. It is entirely possible that my retail order could come in before another dealers stock order is even pulled. So just because they use a stock order and spec to your order, does not necessarily mean that it will get built sooner than other dealers retail orders. I can only suggest stay in close contact and ask lots of questions. Ask the dealer to get updates from their zone rep. If they cannot do this, find a new dealer. Depending on what part of the counrty you are in, I'd also suggest contacting TS member Michael Morris (his Dealership is south of Atlanta), as others have suggested. If I did not have a good relationship with a dealer near me I would definitley be buying from him. Hope you get your car soon!

I just got back from the dealership a few mins ago. My sales rep made me copies of the DORA and VOC and told me he didn't have the production date on hand but to call him on Tuesday. My DORA had the VIN number on it. Is that good?

thats good,especially the VIN number--heres a link to a post from Grabber Orange on the whole process

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53013-ordered-a-2011-today%3B-but-i-have-a-question/page__st__20

thats good,especially the VIN number--heres a link to a post from Grabber Orange on the whole process

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53013-ordered-a-2011-today%3B-but-i-have-a-question/page__st__20

Awesome! Thanks for all the great info, guys. I appreciate the heck out of it.

I was sitting in my room twiddling my thumbs waiting for all this stuff and meanwhile it was sitting in the dealership waiting for me. If it wasn't for the fact that the nearest SVT dealer is a good 30 min drive away, I'd be there every day breaking nuts.

I just got back from the dealership a few mins ago. My sales rep made me copies of the DORA and VOC and told me he didn't have the production date on hand but to call him on Tuesday. My DORA had the VIN number on it. Is that good?

Yes and no. All the DORA means is that Ford's system has received and acknowledged the order. Agian, ANY dealer can place an order and will receive a DORA. But unless/until that dealer gets an allocation the car will not be built. The DORA does have a partial VIN. Mine shows "VBP8KS B5" as the VIN. This is a partial VIN. Once an allocation is given and the car is scheduled the remainer of the VIN will be filled in. The key piece will be the 6-digit number that comes after the "B5" (the B means it's a 2011 and the 5 means it will be built at the Flat Rock, MI plant). That 6-digit number is the production sequence number...means the car is scheduled and will be built. If that 6-digit number is part of the VIN on your DORA, you're in!! Otherwise, the waiting game continues...sorry.

Yes and no. All the DORA means is that Ford's system has received and acknowledged the order. Agian, ANY dealer can place an order and will receive a DORA. But unless/until that dealer gets an allocation the car will not be built. The DORA does have a partial VIN. Mine shows "VBP8KS B5" as the VIN. This is a partial VIN. Once an allocation is given and the car is scheduled the remainer of the VIN will be filled in. The key piece will be the 6-digit number that comes after the "B5" (the B means it's a 2011 and the 5 means it will be built at the Flat Rock, MI plant). That 6-digit number is the production sequence number...means the car is scheduled and will be built. If that 6-digit number is part of the VIN on your DORA, you're in!! Otherwise, the waiting game continues...sorry.

Yes, there would be no way a complete VIN could have been assigned already.

I might have some news on my order status next week.

Dealer stock orders that have been pulled, scheduled and are included in the first production run do have completed VINs. TS member Burning Blue Star IV has pulled most, if not all, 2010 VINs and has begin pulling 2011 VINs as well...looks like at least 69 2011 builds are scheduled and have complete VINs. Retail orders will not be pulled for scheduling until Mar 17, earliest.

I don't believe a complete (retail order) VIN is a possibility before the March 17th date...

And TRUE, any dealer can SUBMIT an order and get a DORA, however without an allocation that order will not get pulled and built.

The Ford Zone Reps are usually a good source of where and when the allocations are distributed. Ask your dealers how SOLID their relationship with their zone rep is...

MM has a compltete VIn, altough he'll admit he doesnt knowhow he got it

I saw the list in the other post, I thought the OP had said he just ordered the car a few days ago and in one or two days afterwards had a VIN already...

This is the VIN on my DORA. 1ZVBP8JS5B5102531 It has the 6 digit number at the end you were mentioning. Is that right?

Also, my DORA has a few things mentioned on it: Priority 02, and Assembly Plant: Flat Rock. Schd is TBD.

This is the VIN on my DORA. 1ZVBP8JS5B5102531 It has the 6 digit number at the end you were mentioning. Is that right?

Also, my DORA has a few things mentioned on it: Priority 02, and Assembly Plant: Flat Rock. Schd is TBD.

Looks like a valid VIN to me. CONGRATS!! My guess is that Priority 2 means it's a Dealer Stock order. Must since that's all Ford is pulling right now. My DORA shows Priority 10 and I know it is entered as a Retail order.

Congrats on getting your VIN. Looks like you will be one of the firsts receiving their 2011!

Looks like a valid VIN to me. CONGRATS!! My guess is that Priority 2 means it's a Dealer Stock order. Must since that's all Ford is pulling right now. My DORA shows Priority 10 and I know it is entered as a Retail order.

Priorty 10 is the highest code--it represents a retail order,which is igher than a dealer stock order

Priorty 10 is the highest code--it represents a retail order,which is igher than a dealer stock order

I've done some reading on the issue (granted the internet is full of crap but I digress...) It looks like priority 10-99 are for regular orders, stock or retail and priority is granted to retail over stock of two cars have the SAME priority. If a retail order is priority 11 and a stock is 10, the stock will be made first. Numbers between 1-9 are rarer and used for very special situations (im not sure what those are) but those tend to be the first cars put out. I read that some cars will grt priority 1 if they are the first cars of their kind or special orders for a special occassion / messed up order. I can't really verify this, though I hope it's true with my Priority 2 :D

FOR ALL OF YOU TO KNOW CANADA HAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT POLICY THAN THE U.S WHERE AS THERE ARE 20 OR 21 SVT DEALERS IN ALL OF CANADA AND EACH DEALER IN THE PAST HAS RECIEVED 15 CARS . ONE DEALER WAS ADDED IN NOVA SCOTIA THIS PAST YEAR . SO YOU WILL GET YOUR CAR . WHEN I DONT KNOW BUT YOU WILL GET .

ENJOY WHEN YOU DO

PS WHAT IS THE DEALERS NAME AND WHAT PART OF ONTARIO. MINE WAS FROM SUMMIT FORD

PS WHAT IS THE DEALERS NAME AND WHAT PART OF ONTARIO. MINE WAS FROM SUMMIT FORD

I went to Summit and the dudes were pretty rude to me there. I then went to Dixie and they kept trying to push their unsold 2010s and when asked about the 11s, they played dumb saying the order guide wasn't even out yet (I had it in my hand rolled up), so then I went to Markville SVT and I got a pretty great deal.... you know....considering in Canada that our tax makes the cars infinitely more expensive than the States....

I went to Summit and the dudes were pretty rude to me there. I then went to Dixie and they kept trying to push their unsold 2010s and when asked about the 11s, they played dumb saying the order guide wasn't even out yet (I had it in my hand rolled up), so then I went to Markville SVT and I got a pretty great deal.... you know....considering in Canada that our tax makes the cars infinitely more expensive than the States....

anyway good luck with your purchase and enjoy

Archived