TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered my Turn2 kit today

UK PONY

As the title says I ordered my Turn 2 CS6 kit today from Sean Hylands in ON today.

I have a six week wait for it to arrive, hopefully my '07 coupe will have sold by then so I can get straight into the build process.

Hi UK Pony

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on finally making the decision to move ahead. I have been following your thread on MC and knew you were close to pulling the trigger. I am sure you will not regret this decision. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Good luck on selling the coupe.

Are you going to install the kit yourself or have someone do it for you?

Peter.

Hi UK Pony

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on finally making the decision to move ahead. I have been following your thread on MC and knew you were close to pulling the trigger. I am sure you will not regret this decision. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Good luck on selling the coupe.

Are you going to install the kit yourself or have someone do it for you?

Peter.

Hey Peter, I plan on doing some of the basic mechanical stuff myself and leaving the rest to the pro's.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the transformation myself but the coupe will have to sell before I get into the build.

I'm sure the coupe will sell soon enough though.

Regards,

Steve

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics once it's all done. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the decision!

Kevin

Congrats UK. I look forward to seeing lots build pics.

Thanks guys I can hardly wait for the kit to arrive so I can get on with it. It sounds like the parts should arrive at the beginning of April, if the coupe has sold by then (fingers crossed) she might be finished in time for the really good weather to hit.

As the title says I ordered my Turn 2 CS6 kit today from Sean Hylands in ON today.

I have a six week wait for it to arrive, hopefully my '07 coupe will have sold by then so I can get straight into the build process.

Congrats on the Turn2!! If you need some tips, let me know I own one. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Love my car. The SC is strong, dyno at 435HP at rear. Very sweet!!!! I'm sure you'll love your car. Here's a link to lots of pics and info on the car. www.stangmyster.ca/

Also, there's a rumor that some of the parts for the CS model will be discontinued. Lucky you!!!

post-12665-126739981742_thumb.jpg

post-12665-126739981742_thumb.jpg

^^ Thanks so much for the offer of hints & tips - I'm sure I'll be calling in that offer every now & then as I find bits that I have no idea about :headscratch: ...lol

There are a few parts on back order but hopefully the kit will be here in about 4 weeks or so.

I'm starting to get the tire kicker & scammer calls & e-mails about my coupe so hopefully a real buyer will contact me soon so I can make a start as soon as the kit arrives.

If it weren't for a commitment I'd made to have the car in a club display at an indoor show on Easter weekend I'd have her up on stands & be stripping the stock parts off right now. Not that I'm getting excited or anything...lol

^^ Thanks so much for the offer of hints & tips - I'm sure I'll be calling in that offer every now & then as I find bits that I have no idea about :headscratch: ...lol

There are a few parts on back order but hopefully the kit will be here in about 4 weeks or so.

I'm starting to get the tire kicker & scammer calls & e-mails about my coupe so hopefully a real buyer will contact me soon so I can make a start as soon as the kit arrives.

If it weren't for a commitment I'd made to have the car in a club display at an indoor show on Easter weekend I'd have her up on stands & be stripping the stock parts off right now. Not that I'm getting excited or anything...lol

I'm glad to see things are coming along! Where to you live? Is the car being put together by a Shelby Performance Parts dealer?

I'm glad to see things are coming along! Where to you live? Is the car being put together by a Shelby Performance Parts dealer?

I'm in Saskatoon - the car will be put together by local shops which means I get to be a little more hands on with the project. During the build the antenna will be deleted (I've never liked where it is and since I hardly ever listen to FM radio it won't be missed), the door mirrors will be painted & striped and an aluminum driveshaft will replace the fragile factory one.

:happy feet: Congrats and welcome to the family! Good luck with the build.

Thanks Leann

I'm in Saskatoon - the car will be put together by local shops which means I get to be a little more hands on with the project. During the build the antenna will be deleted (I've never liked where it is and since I hardly ever listen to FM radio it won't be missed), the door mirrors will be painted & striped and an aluminum driveshaft will replace the fragile factory one.

The drive shaft is a really good idea. On my first CS8, I had a 4:10 gear coupled with the Novi 2200R SC. I broke three drive shafts this way. So you are on the right track. Can't wait to see the pics of the conversion. It's always a thrill to see the car take life slowly...

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few items on back order that are delaying my kit;

Side Scoops,

Sill Plate Inserts,

& Rear emblem insert.

It sounds like these parts should be coming sometime this week meaning the complete kit can be shipped to Sean Hylands in Ontario early next week where it will be checked over & shipped on to me. If that works out I should have the kit in about 3 weeks.

It sounds like the sidescoops will be in stock by tomorrow. The sill plate inserts and rear emblem insert are still on back order though.

Thankfully Wayne at Hylands thinks a lot like me & will request the kit be shipped once the scoops are confirmed as being present. The size of the missing items is sufficiently small that he'll have those shipped directly to me without any additional shipping costs. The kit is still 2 weeks away but it's getting closer. :happy feet:

Archived