TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire size Question

For you tire experts out there,

I have a 08 Shelby Gt with the stock 235 x 18 tires and wheels all round. I just ordered 4 BF Goodrich KDW 2 the front size I ordered is 255 45 x 18 and the rear 285 40 x 18. I know the front would be fine how about the rear on the stock wheel? Anyone have this set up??

thanks,

I have a 08 Shelby Gt with the stock 235 x 18 tires and wheels all round. I just ordered 4 BF Goodrich KDW 2 the front size I ordered is 255 45 x 18 and the rear 285 40 x 18. I know the front would be fine how about the rear on the stock wheel? Anyone have this set up??

thanks,

I have 285s in the rear, but its on a 18 x 10 wheel.

I didnt think they fit the 18 x 9s, but thats not definative, sorry.

Actually the 285's need a 9.5 inch wheel...I'm pretty sure the'll work on the stock wheels, but you won't get the full benefit of the extra width of them on the 8.5 inch wheel...And I wouldn't do sustained high speed runs on them on the 8.5 inch wheels for safety reasons....Just my $.02 worth...

Can you post a picture of the profile from the rear of the car? Does the tire hang over the edges of the rim much? thanks

I have 285 Eagle F1s on the rear and YES, they fit on the stock wheels. It was tough getting them on there but they fit...:)

I haven't been able to find 10" wide rims yet which match the stock chrome wheels. If I do go to them at least I'll have a spare then!

Actually the 285's need a 9.5 inch wheel...I'm pretty sure the'll work on the stock wheels, but you won't get the full benefit of the extra width of them on the 8.5 inch wheel...And I wouldn't do sustained high speed runs on them on the 8.5 inch wheels for safety reasons....Just my $.02 worth...

Can you post a picture of the profile from the rear of the car? Does the tire hang over the edges of the rim much? thanks

The tires are slightly inside of the fender. The tires do not bulge. I'm happy with the look and feel.

IMG_6270.jpg

The 9.5"ers are perfect.

snakehurst01.jpg

misc01.jpg

Hey AstroDan. Car looks great. Was the photo above taken at a car club/cruise ?

What can you tell me about the car that is across the parking lot spot from you ?

Is that a legend lime GT500 or is it a clone. Or am I wrong about the color all together ?

just wondering. Sure wish they offered a legend lime with the white stripe in 07

th_LegendLime67GT500.jpg

IS

Thanks for all the replys.

I decided to buy a set of 4 GT500 wheels 18x9.5 from Blue Oval Industries for 475.00 plus UPS. That way I can just change them out with the stock ones when I go to the track. Got the tires in yesterday and they look bad ass! I can actually use one of my stock wheels as a spare now.

thanks,

Archived